starting strength gym

Thread: Home Gym Setup

Default Home Gym Setup

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi guys!
    Just very excited to be joining the SS community officially, have been a long time lurker.

I got introduced to SS through StrongLifts 2.5y ago, did the major lifts for about 9 months back then (along with other accessory exercises), but finished with weird numbers as is the case with most (benching way more than squat, deadlift stuck at 135).

After a long break (and my 24hr fitness membership expired again), I decided to take the commitment to train 3X a week and adhere strictly to the SS programming.

So I spent around $2.5k for this gym, which was scary for me since Costco had me at $350 for 2 years of 24hr fitness so the ROI seemed very long, but hey I figured I'll never get rid of my gym equipment so I'm good for life!

I'm in my 4th week of the linear progression and it's really fun to be deadlifting 165 already And no commute so it's 1hr "door to door", and no waiting for someone to be over is gold!

I wanted to make sure I did the lifts correctly early on so last week I went to The Strength Co in Costa Mesa, CA and got the Intro to Barbells class with Grant Broggi and then did a group class few days after.

Now I feel more confident, might drop in to his group classes once in a while for form check! I wish his gym was closer.

Looking forward to attending the Seminar with Rip in August in LA. And who knows, maybe one day start my own affiliate / franchise SS gym..

gym1.jpggym2.jpg

Nice setup! You have a healthy solution that will stay with you for the rest of your life. So try to calculate ROI on that! hahahaha. They only problem I see with your setup is you'll hopefully need to add some more plates as you get stronger!

Enjoy!