starting strength gym

Thread: Homemade pulley system

Default Homemade pulley system

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I created a home made pulley system to throw over our rack's pull-up bar using just equipment I could find at Ace hardware and a $20 loading pin from from Rogue. It's pretty decent addition to a home gym for about $70, but it can swing back and forth a lot. Anyone every built anything similar and found a way to solve the swinging problem?

Can you post a picture? Not sure I can help with the swaying, but I’m curious about your DIY lat pull. I’m considering getting the pulley attachment for my Titan rack, but I’m also a cheap bastard and would DIY it if that works

Attach a bungee cord to the weight and the floor that should eliminate the swinging

I recently built my own pull down system and had a swinging issue the first couple times. What I found was that I was being sloppy and not strict with the lift. Once I cleaned that up the swinging totally stopped. IMO it is just like learning to squat vs a smith machine. All the lat pull down system I've seen in gyms allow you horrible technique. A free swinging weight forces you to be better. Be better.

Perhaps a 2nd pulley would isolate the weights from differences in movement patterns on the lifter's part.