starting strength gym

Thread: Do-win lifting shoes from Rogue

Default Do-win lifting shoes from Rogue

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Has anyone tried out the Rogue Fitness Do-Win shoes? I'm looking for a less expensive lifting shoes and was wondering if the Do-Win shoes(Either the classics or the other) are proper lifting shoes! Documentation seems fairly limited!

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2mine View Post
    Has anyone tried out the Rogue Fitness Do-Win shoes? I'm looking for a less expensive lifting shoes and was wondering if the Do-Win shoes(Either the classics or the other) are proper lifting shoes! Documentation seems fairly limited!
    I bought the DoWin classic lifter https://www.roguefitness.com/do-win-...c-lifter-black . They look good and work well but they are the first lifting shoes I've owned so my $.02 is just that.

Can't comment on the newer "non-classic" version https://www.roguefitness.com/dowin-w...es-black-white

They are sized like dress shoes... i.e. a 1/2 size less than most tennis shoes.

I have a pair of "classics" from 2009 that are still serviceable, but are finally starting to show their age. I bought a pair of the newer style with the composite heel a couple of years ago; they are OK but remain a back up pair.

Between the 2 choices, I'd highly recommend the classic style. I just ordered another pair myself.

I've had my classics for 2 weeks. I'm having a great time so far. The heel is a bit taller than my last shoe, but I PRd a squat triple a few days ago with them so I feel used to it now. Though I like it, I can understand why some people may not like the heel. Presses and deadlifts feel just fine. 2 straps per foot is nice to have, my feet feel very secure.
    My previous was adidas powerlift 3.1 size 12, had to replace cause the straps were gonna break off the shoe at any moment. Ordered my Do-Wins at 11.5 and they fit great.

There were some comments about durability issues in other threads, particularly the eyelets. Unfortunately I have not owned mine for long enough for any potential shittiness to occur, but hopefully others can give opinions on this thread.

adidas

I just got these and love them so far. And you can get an extra 20% off the $65 price too.

I finally just coughed up $230CAD for a adipower and just finished my first session with them! So far so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimi Kuenzli View Post

There were some comments about durability issues in other threads, particularly the eyelets. Unfortunately I have not owned mine for long enough for any potential shittiness to occur, but hopefully others can give opinions on this thread.
    With two straps I don't even tie mine tight, I just tie them snug so they aren't too sloppy but so I can slip them on and off, then I tighten the velcro. As far as I"m concerned they could just be velcro..... I guess what I'm saying is if you don't tie them tight the eyelets should last right?

starting strength coach development program
    Yeah, I'm doing the exact same thing. Snug shoelaces and I just tighten up the straps before sets. And yes, I'm a little perplexed as to how the eyelets could ever tear this way. I'm guessing they won't.