starting strength gym

Thread: Posh Home Gym design

Question Posh Home Gym design

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I realize this may be an oxymoron to some, but I'm looking for any examples of a home gym that are SS inspired and are tastefully furnished.

This would be gyms not in a unfinished garage/basement or look like a steel factory.

I'm trying to work with my wife to integrate a rack and dead lift platform into our upstairs space without it looking so starkly utilitarian or industrial. No, I'm not looking to hang plants on the rack or put curtains on it.

Not laughing--nothing wrong with not wanting your home to look like a garage! And nothing wrong with having plants in the gym, either, imo.

I have heard the SS Austin gym described as "chic." Pics on page 4 of this thread: Starting Strength Austin

Don't laugh, but there are lots of posts on reddit.com/r/pelotoncycle with photos of people's training areas. Could be a good resource to look through for ideas. The Ikea Raskog cart ($35) is a common feature: MOLGER Bench - IKEA So are wall-mounted floating shelves or storage cubes like these Ekets (5 for $100): EKET Wall-mounted storage combination - light gray/dark gray/red - IKEA

Ikea Molger ($49) is a bench that is somewhat similar to the ones in the SS Gym ("bench" as in a place to sit and maybe stow your gym accessories, not a bench from which to press): MOLGER Bench - IKEA
    While no doubt they are of inferior quality to the SS gym furniture, they're perfectly adequate for household use. I have a few Molgers in my home--two set end-to-end are the perfect size to put at the foot of a queen-size bed. Good place to store shoes, extra pillows that come off the bed at night, makes a great cat pedestal, yadda yadda.

Thanks for the references!

Great ideas and I have a cat and pretty much any flat, or mostly flat surface is fair game for her

You're putting it upstairs?

Quote Originally Posted by danomite! View Post
    You're putting it upstairs?

Yea....That might not be a good idea. I’m sure the floor could handle the weight if it’s frame properly but it’s the sound and repetitive stresses placed on the framing that would bother me. That being said, I’m not a structural engineer but I’d ask one first.

starting strength coach development program
    Take a look at this one, while it is a garage it's a well decorated one.

YouTube