starting strength gym

Thread: Posthectomy

Default Posthectomy

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey coach,

I know this is a bit outside of the usual questions on this forum, but I am about to undergo a posthectomy (circumcision) and the usual medical recommendation is to avoid physical activities for 4 weeks, which seems a bit too much. Do you have any experience with this procedure and weight lifting, and any recommendation for post-op?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cavallari View Post
    Hey coach,

I know this is a bit outside of the usual questions on this forum, but I am about to undergo a posthectomy (circumcision) and the usual medical recommendation is to avoid physical activities for 4 weeks, which seems a bit too much. Do you have any experience with this procedure and weight lifting, and any recommendation for post-op?

Thanks in advance.
    If I were to be in a similar position, I'd probably train once the dressing was removed and I was comfortable keeping myself clean in the shower. At the very most, I may put some petroleum gauze around the wound when I went to train.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    If I were to be in a similar position, I'd probably train once the dressing was removed and I was comfortable keeping myself clean in the shower. At the very most, I may put some petroleum gauze around the wound when I went to train.
    Gotta love the wide scope of practice of physical therapy!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Chapman View Post
    Gotta love the wide scope of practice of physical therapy!
    Wound care is very much within the scope of physical therapy. Before the major hospital organizations created Wound Care Teams, Physical Therapists were one of the primary disciplines involved in hospital-based wound care.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    Sounds reasonable. Thanks very much, coach!