starting strength gym

Thread: Old knee problem causing other problems

Default Old knee problem causing other problems

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi, me and my brother started our linear progression about a month ago. We have both trained Bjj for a very long time and my brother about 4 years ago had a knee issue where his the bones in his knee and part of his femur and tibfib were not getting blood flow so essentially they said the bones were dying. Well he tried to rehab it the way the doctor said to by staying off of it for months and a few other things and nothing worked. Well he lost his insurance about 2 years ago so he hasn’t seen a doctor about the problem since then. The knee still bothers him from time to time and he says it’s feeling better after we started lifting. However his hips and lower back are really starting to bother him and his hips are very crooked the right side of his pelvis is visibly sitting higher than the left side (right side is his injured knee) I was wondering if there are any tips on what he can do to relieve some of the pain and start fixing the problems he’s having with his hips back and knee?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinEl1989 View Post
    Hi, me and my brother started our linear progression about a month ago. We have both trained Bjj for a very long time and my brother about 4 years ago had a knee issue where his the bones in his knee and part of his femur and tibfib were not getting blood flow so essentially they said the bones were dying. Well he tried to rehab it the way the doctor said to by staying off of it for months and a few other things and nothing worked. Well he lost his insurance about 2 years ago so he hasn’t seen a doctor about the problem since then. The knee still bothers him from time to time and he says it’s feeling better after we started lifting. However his hips and lower back are really starting to bother him and his hips are very crooked the right side of his pelvis is visibly sitting higher than the left side (right side is his injured knee) I was wondering if there are any tips on what he can do to relieve some of the pain and start fixing the problems he’s having with his hips back and knee?
    I think this is the first report of SPONK (Spontaneous Osteonecrosis of the Knee) we have had on this board. Always interesting the things you get on here. I am really sorry, but I really couldn't provide any hint of advice without seeing that your brother is working with. A video of his squat or press would be helpful.