starting strength gym

Thread: Lower back tweak at the bottom of the squat

Default Lower back tweak at the bottom of the squat

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi coaches,

Yesterday on my squat warmup at 50 kg I’ve felt a pop in my lower back accompanying by pain. I racked the barbell and moved around a bit and felt the pain was gone. So I decided to increase the weight to 65 kg, wear a belt and made 3 sets of five repetitions of that without pain, followed by bench and power cleans. Here”s the squatting video:

YouTube

after about 20 minutes after completing the workout the mild pain returned and today morning I feel really stiff in the lumbar region.

I can see that:
    - I can do air squats and romanian deadlifts despite pain and after about ten reps of them I feel slightly better
    - I’ve jad some tweaks before but rather on deadlifts than squats and using heavier weights

questions: is it possible that the tweak happened because of hyperextending the back?

Should I worry about it and take some steps back or try to clench my teeth and work out despite this mild injury?

Thanks in advance

"try to clench your teeth and workout despite this mild injury"??????

Read that to yourself, slowly. Also, reread this: "and after about ten reps of them I feel slightly better".

I think you have already answered your question.