starting strength gym

Thread: Left side neck pain after pressing

Default Left side neck pain after pressing

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi! This is the 2nd or 3rd time that after pressing a heavy weight (for me) I get left side neck pain. Last time I deloaded and started a fast progression but got at the same weight as before and the same happened this last week. Its really painfull in the morning as I wake up, sometimes I get up in the middle of the night because of the pain as well, and I can easily reproduce the pain by trying to push my head to the right shoulder against my hand. I can still bench, dl, and squat with working weight. But will keep from doing so as I squatted today with warm up weight and felt some pressure on the neck. Also, the last time this happened and I squatted with working weight, I got stiff trapezius and neck (that time I went to the trauma and was told to do a big deload and take some aines)

I got my my technique reviewed before but nothing was mentioned about the pain. This video is from +- 2 months ago.

Would like to know if there is something I can do to prevent this to happen again as well as if you know what may be the actual injury and the common treatment for it. This time I haven't gone to the traumatologist yet.

Any help is appreciated.

English is not my first language, trying my best.

You whip your torso around in multiple directions as you initiate the press. Get tight and stay tight, and press off a stable platform. You are pressing off a moving target here.