starting strength gym

Thread: Pain on inside of patella during squats

Default Pain on inside of patella during squats

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I finally saw a starting strength coach. I now have much better form on squat, press and deadlift. I'm going to see him in another month and have since completed several more training days. When I get to my working sets on my squats I start to get a pinching/shooting sensation on the inside of my right leg just to the inside of my patella. It feels as if a tendon or cartilage is becoming inflamed by the time I get to the working sets and is being pinched or stretched. I find if I focus on pushing with my hips to take more stress off the quads the pain is somewhat alleviated, but sometimes the pain shoots right back up. What should I do? While sitting here typing this i can feel a slight numbing sensation on the inside of my patella. I don't notice the pain nearly as much when I deadlift.

Quote Originally Posted by coderasm View Post
    I finally saw a starting strength coach. I now have much better form on squat, press and deadlift. I'm going to see him in another month and have since completed several more training days. When I get to my working sets on my squats I start to get a pinching/shooting sensation on the inside of my right leg just to the inside of my patella. It feels as if a tendon or cartilage is becoming inflamed by the time I get to the working sets and is being pinched or stretched. I find if I focus on pushing with my hips to take more stress off the quads the pain is somewhat alleviated, but sometimes the pain shoots right back up. What should I do? While sitting here typing this i can feel a slight numbing sensation on the inside of my patella. I don't notice the pain nearly as much when I deadlift.
    As someone who has been a chronic pain sufferer for greater than 20 years, you will, at some point, have to come to terms with the idea that pain does not always mean tissue damage and that pain can occur with virtually no discernible provocation. In my field, a discernible diagnosis is most often of no consequence, because, we aren't likely to treat a certain injury any different than another injury. A good coach who is skilled in rehab can help get your training in order.

Non-dermatomal / non-peripheral nerve pattern reports of numbness is a well-documented symptom of central sensitization, a hallmark central nervous system change occurring in chronic pain patients.