starting strength gym

Thread: Novice girl home gym

Default Novice girl home gym

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    My wife is in a rush to build a home gym since they just closed her public gym. She's looking at a used r3 rack and considering ordering the women's Ohio bar plus 320 lb bumper plate combo. I personally don't think she needs that much mass in bumpers. After 4 weeks on the program she's pulling 185 and pressing 50 for working sets. Also wondering if there's a better bar for her. She is 5'2, 105 lb and has very small hands and feet. Not sure exactly how small but I know she has to shop for shoes in the kids section.

Oh another issue is rogue says 10-14 business days to ship and that's a long time to miss training. With the "crisis" and all the new draconian edicts on commerce and movement, I don't even know if they will be allowed to ship at all. So I may just tell her to get whatever used crap she can find on craigslist in the meantime.

If you have the funding, you might consider getting any kind of plates you can find on craigs list to use while awaiting the Rogue equipment. The same could go for the bar. If timing is the issue, get anything that is currently available and then upgrade as the better equipment becomes available. Remember that plates are usually the least important thing in your gym. Weight is weight. See what you can do to get something for today to get started and then plan for the items you want when they are available.