starting strength gym

Thread: Can't Find Plates!

Default Can't Find Plates!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    As I'm sure many of you know, it is very difficult to find power racks, benches, and barbells to make a home gym since they are in such high demand. I managed to find what I needed and am looking for some plates though, and nobody seems to have any. Even on Craigslist within 100 miles of me.

Does anybody have any suggestions on where I might find some or should look to?

P.S. I'm located near Pittsburgh, PA.
    Last edited by Devin Morrison; 04-13-2020 at 12:07 PM.

You don't mention your location, that could help. But everyone is in the same boat. I got very lucky...checked Craigslist about 4 times a day for 2 weeks and found a (more or less) reasonably priced listing with almost everything I needed, at least for the next few months. I got the rest (5s and 2.5s) from a local manufacturer who still had a few in stock. I also got an extra power bar of the deal. Needs some TLC but it's straight.

I'm guessing you'll be able to buy used gear for pennies on the dollar in a few months. Now, you'll be paying above retail for anything you find. So consider what it's worth to you.

Also if you have friends/ family in other locales have them keep an eye on their local Craigslist or other marketplaces. Good luck.

I heard Iron Company has them, I don’t know their pricing though, I personally wouldn’t bite at iron for much more than ~$1/lb