starting strength gym

Thread: Rip on PJ Media: Will the Fitness Industry Survive COVID-19

This was well written and all clearly shown to be true.

I'm beseeching one of our local officials to declare private gyms essential in case this happens more in the coming months. The benefits and the ability to mitigate risk are obvious to anyone who has seen a 1000 sqft private gym, and I hope the official sees the same.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Great article. First time I’ve thought about future lending/investment habits with regard to non-essential businesses.

Do you think it will ultimately make niche services more likely to survive versus “access” competition? Meaning specific training facilities like SS gyms or semi-private studios, with death more likely for high-cost big spaces like 24Hour and other big-box places.

Not wishing death on anyone’s business, but the online service transition seems like a major opportunity for service providers, not access providers - as you’ve described them.

Gyms will just upgrade to offer superb anti-microbial ventilation and anti bacterial ozone locker rooms and shit...all their anti viral, anti contagion , anti germs areas and offerings will now be another marketing strategy for them to compete against their competitors and you as the patron will have increased cleaning rituals and responsibilities...and you thought wiping off the bench was bad...now we are gonna have to decontaminate before ,during and after