starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check (need reassurance)

Default Squat form check (need reassurance)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello I'm new here, little about me

Iive just reintroduced squats back onto my workouts (4th week) and had to start from the empty bar (high bar) a year ago I messed up my L5S1 by bad form on deadlifts so after that healed up i had to get over the mental aspect of it by being scared of any soreness, aches etc so I worked on the mental side and decided to get back on the horse.

Well all I can say is I'm in love with the squat now I've gone from the empty bar upto 50kg in 4 weeks comfortably and all by the help of Mark's videos on squat especially this one

404 Not Found

I'll put videos of when I started and today for comparison, you will see the clear difference lol however today I was wobbly

Over four weeks I seemed to have been doing the Same as the guy in the video above (Sorry for the angle its slightly tilted) except I'm using a talon grip

I just want to get reassurance that I'm doing it alright, it was the most comfortable position I had.

Blue trousers today YouTube

White trousers 4 weeks ago YouTube

Thankyou

Hello. Take another look at the sticky for filming criteria for form checks.
    Please get some lifting shoes.
    Lean over and reach back with the hips, then drive them up out of the bottom instead of lifting your chest. Make sure you don't cut the depth off as the set continues. You started off fine, but started to cut them off higher and higher as the set progressed.
    Film a set of five from the correct angle and post it up for follow-up if you'd like.