starting strength gym

Thread: Garage Gym Questions

Default Garage Gym Questions

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    My garage has the obvious front to back slant but also has a slight tilt to one way, slight being an understatement really. My right foot would be less than a third or quarter of an inch higher than my left during squats, would this cause any long term problems in my body? If so, any tips on fixing it?

You obviously have to level the floor or the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbr View Post
    My garage has the obvious front to back slant but also has a slight tilt to one way, slight being an understatement really. My right foot would be less than a third or quarter of an inch higher than my left during squats, would this cause any long term problems in my body? If so, any tips on fixing it?
    A 1/4" thick stall mat on the left side would level things out.

If you own a 4' or even a 2' level you should make a flat platform and use shims. I used leftover roofing tiles in the back of my garage under my stand (stand is 3, 3/4" plywood sections thick) and it works great. And all garages have a grade going toward the front (it's a building code), but it shouldn't be aggressive. I want to say the rule of thumb is 1/2-3/4" drop over 4' for a grade.