starting strength gym

Thread: Best bar for deadlift

Angry Best bar for deadlift

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello, and thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I'm the proud owner of a hardcover copy of PPBT.

I'm looking to buy my first barbell, however I need some help from a strength coach.
    Background: Goal is 300 kg deadlift, max was 260 kg deadlift few months ago, and just missed 270 kg deadlift due to slight barbell slippage at lock out and lock out issues.

Problem:
    I deadlift conventional and I notice that 1/3 or more of my right hand misses the knurling absent in the centre of the bar.
    Also, while the bar has already fairly deep knurling, I think I might want something extra.
    I've heard texas bars are good, but I'm pretty certain that it will not have extra deep knurling, although the whip would be welcome.

Would it be a good idea to get extra deep knurling for dead lifts, and is it possible? I haven't really seen any super deep knurling before, but wouldn't that be advantageous?
    Also, would it be a good idea to get a bar with knurling in the centre of the bar, as my right hand thumb is drifting onto the smooth middle of the bar?
    Finally, Can I also use this perfect deadlift bar for squatting?

Any advice and wisdom much appreciated. Sorry, I searched the forum for barbell, but all i could find was barrel and whisky posts.

Wishing you strength.

Kind regards,

This is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsongee View Post
    Sorry, I searched the forum for barbell, but all i could find was barrel and whisky posts.
    I got +19,500

Try again.