Good morning SS people. First post, hope I can contribute going forward.

Following Monday July 27 (volume day) of heavy volume (and probably sleeping on my shoulder awkwardly) MRI a week later showed severe bursitis. Two doctors failed to remove fluid, cortisone shot didn’t work. I think PT aggravated it. MRI Sept 29 shows the same condition. Thankfully the tendon only shows typical tendinopathy and nothing degenerative. No bones to smooth out. However doctor says the bursitis will not go away – says take it out. I can’t even get the arm back to squat. I’ve deadlifted, but when that’s all you can do, you can’t get into it…

I just watched Rip's shoulder video, very informative. I have a desk job, so your message board informed me that isn’t helping my case. Old guy at gym says his took four months to heal. Doctor says mine is not going away. This is depressing me, I cannot lift.

What should I do? Take it out? Or try more PT and NSAIDS? (I do not think this will help. No progress in weeks here...) Do you see this often? What is the surgery recovery time? Will bursa removal put me at greater risk of rotator cuff injury? If I can't bench with good form, can I at least incline or decline press (I am 45, I don't care about a bench PR, I case about the way my t-shirt fits...)

Thanks all. I am a SS believer. I have the gray book, I did the golfer elbow pin firing, I believe in 5x3. Regards.