starting strength gym

Thread: Training program for gym lockdown

Default Training program for gym lockdown

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So the prime minister of Italy is very likely going to close all gyms starting from monday, and if so, I have no idea for how long.
    I just wanted to show you what I think would be the best possible thing to do having only my bodyweight and see if it's a good idea.
    The only thing I can think about to substitute the squat would be sprints, 100m/50m/30m.
    Push-ups for 4 sets of AMRAP seems like the only good bench press substitute, mabye I can do inclined push-up (feet elevated) to increase the bodyweight being used.
    Pike presses with elevated feet would replace the press, the range of motion being limited but could still work my shoulders, triceps and traps by keeping as much of a vertical torso as I can.
    And if I manage, or should I say if they allow me, to go into a park and find a pull-up bar, I could do chin-ups for 3sets of AMRAP.
    I would do 100m sprints of Mon, 30m on Wed, and 50m on Fri, and do all the other exercises on each session.

This is the best I could come up with in case a long term break from the gym happens, how does it sound?

This has been dealt with dozens of times. Look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This has been dealt with dozens of times. Look it up.
    Will do.