starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Indianapolis

Default Starting Strength Indianapolis

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Get ready, because Starting Strength Indianapolis is coming!

My name is Andrew Lewis. I'm a Starting Strength Coach, owner of Starting Strength Indianapolis, and I've been lifting since I was 14 and thought the reason girls didn't like me was because I was fat (it was my personality). Years later, I've been running my own gym - Blackmetal Strength Training, writing articles for Starting Strength, and learning as much as I can about strength training and business. Everything I've been working toward in the last few years has been leading up to this, although I didn't plan it that way. I worked toward my SSC, continuously improved my coaching, and geared my gym toward the Starting Strength Gym model.

I'm looking forward to opening the first Starting Strength Gym in Indianapolis and helping to fill a demand in an SSC-deprived state. We do not have a location yet, but we are working to find one. I want to hear from Indianapolis locals. Tell me what you're excited about. What do you want to see at the gym? What recommendations do you have about location, timing, local happenings, anything that will help me make this gym YOUR gym.

I'll be posting updates here, on Instagram, and on our mailing list. Sign up here if you want to be added to the mailing list. The bulk of the updates with special posts, extra details, and fun random occurrences will be for the mailing list.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

I replied to your email, but wanted to post here too. Can't wait for you to be open. I would suggest somewhere on the southside of town. Northside has some strength focused gyms.

Quote Originally Posted by artgood View Post
    I replied to your email, but wanted to post here too. Can't wait for you to be open. I would suggest somewhere on the southside of town. Northside has some strength focused gyms.
    Thanks, Art. We're mostly looking in west Carmel at the moment, but nothing is really off limits.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.

Very excited about this!

I'm glad to hear you're excited. I'm super excited too, even more so now, because of the trip I'm on.

I'm in Dallas, TX right now and I've been attending Starting Strength Dallas' and Starting Strength Plano's classes to get some practice with the class structure so that Indianapolis can open smoothly. It's been a great experience. Brent Carter has been extremely hospitable. He smoked a brisket the first day I was here and it was delicious. Brent opened the second Starting Strength Gym, and he knows the ins and outs of the business, operations, and management. It's been educational watching his work and methods.

I knew I was going to like the larger classes, but I didn't realize I would like them so much. The small classes are nice, but there's just so much more going on with bigger classes. I'm really looking forward to getting open in Indianapolis.

We're about to put a letter of intent (which is the precursor to a lease) into a location. It's in Zionsville on Michigan Rd, but it's very possible it won't go to a full lease. I'm super excited about the possible location and building. It will make for a great gym in a great location in the town. It's accessible by 465 and should be a 15 minute drive to most of Carmel and North Indianapolis.

Great news Andrew, congratulations mate. I've subscribed to this thread and look forward to watching progression of the gym as you bring it to life.

We had a super cool coincidence this week: Ramona and Elaine both deadlifted 200x2 for the first time at the same workout. I love working with these ladies, because they are monsters when it comes to determination. More often than not, I have to hold them back because they'll push themselves TOO hard.
    Ramona200x2Deadlift.jpg
    Elaine200lbDeadlift.jpg
    Last edited by AndrewLewis; 10-11-2021 at 09:15 AM.

If you don't know me that well, check out this video where I explain a few core values I have and a little of my coaching and job history.

starting strength coach development program
    In case you missed it, here is a Full House-style video I made of Starting Strength. Apparently one glass of wine and four hours of my free time produces this kind of weird stuff.

In an indirect way, this is my way of saying that you expect to have some bizarre, but fun conversations when you come to SS Indianapolis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast