starting strength gym

Thread: Patellar Tendinosis and Tear

Default Patellar Tendinosis and Tear

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have had a nagging patellar tendon for at least two years. It has hurt so long that I cannot remember when it started. Squats hurt the worst, and lunges come at a close second. Running hurts it but as it warms up it can get better and more manageable.

I figured I had bad tendinitis from bad squats. My squats looked pretty decent after filming and reviewing them. As we know, resting tendons does not result in any healing or good. I relentlessly worked on squat form, used a TUBOW, watches SS squat videos, deloaded, used box squats to rehab, went to massage therapists, and went to multiple physical therapist. To no avail, nothing helped.

I eventually got an MRI and it showed an advanced tendinitis. I kept working with my physical therapist doing isometric loading, eccentric training, sled drags, etc. I needed to speed this up and get the show on the road so I went in for an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed a moderate tear in my patellar tendon clear as day. There was also some bone that had pulled off my tibial tuberosity, but much too small to be considered an avulsion fracture. I got a PRP treatment that did not help much.

There is a surgery for it but it is 50/50. I am wondering what the forum thinks of this. Rip? I know you have compared tears to a tear in a piece of paper. I have a doctor friend who is willing to help me out with stem cells. Any ideas?

Lunges? You're doing lunges??? And you're running? What other stupid kinds of shit are you doing?