starting strength gym
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rbenz Training Log

Default Rbenz Training Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    A little Background:

19 year old community college student who lives in STL, MO. I have been on and off the Starting Strength model for quite some time. I decided to quit trying other training programs, and nuke the novice progression for as long as possible, starting today. I will be entering the advanced novice routine adding 3lbs to squat per work out, 2lbs for bench, 1 for press, and 5 for PC. Deadlift will increase more rapidly starting at 8lbs. No cheating will be allowed. I plan to compete in the two olympic lifts in the next year, and feel my mind is the only thing holding me back.

Diet: will consist of three(meals)900 cals each and 50 grams of protein, accompanied by a gallon of whole milk at intervals throughout the day. Diet will consist of meats,vegetables,fruits,nuts, and some grains. Fish oil will be taken at each meal. No deviation will be allowed for the rest of this training cycle, except for Thanksgiving night. After each week calories will be increased by 200, until desired weight of 225lbs is reached.

My current stats

height:6 foot 1
    weight:196
    Squat:282x5X3
    deadlift:317X5X3
    Bench:252X5X3
    Press:162x5x3
    PC:185x5x3

Each day I will post my training weights and completed meals. God help me.

Squat:275 5/5/5
    Press:160 5/5/5
    Chins:Bodyweight 8/5/4

Lowered my numbers to start.

Just out of curiousity, prior to your work sets, how do you ramp up to that weight? And do you do any cardio as a general warmup prior to the warmup sets?

I'm just trying to get a feel on what others do in terms of both reps and weights prior to the worksets. The reason: I stalled on my last rep on my third set of the press and think it was because I did too much of a warmup.

Thanks.

Meals completed yesterday, one day down

Front Squat:185 3/3/3
    Bench:250 5/5/5
    Power Clean:190 3/3/3

Beastmaster I usually do two sets of 5 with the bar on every lift working on form. Then a set of three with a weight half of the work sets, and on my last warmup I do fifty pounds under my worksets for a set of 2. It has worked magically. Occasionally I will not do the last warmup set on an exercise if I am already gassed from the others.

My diet will consist of shit today, but at least I will hit my calorie/protein marks.

Yesterday Diet got sloppy, It is definately hard to hit 5000cal clean, everyday. Subbed in some raisin bran to hit cal mark yesterday. Worked for 10 hours, and feel shitty. Workout today around 4:30.

Squat:277 5/5/5 Only have one pound baseball bat weights currently working on getting 1.5lb weights.
    Press:161 5/5/5
    Pull-ups: 6/5/5 Grip felt extremely weak. Strength was there; grip wasn't.

Added a quart of chocolate milk post-workout hopefully will help with recovery.

Thanks for the info. I've been trying to perfect my workouts so that I get the most out of my worksets without being gassed from too much of a warmup. Others on this board have been utilizing 10-15 min of cardio prior to the main exercises. I haven't as of yet, but it has crossed my mind, especially with my squat workouts getting heavier.

For now, I just do a set of 5 with the bar, then work up to the work sets as so: 55% 5RM X 4, 70% 5RM X 3, 85% 5RM X 2, then the three worksets (except for deads).

Keep up the good work - the logs are looking good...

Got all the meals in today and felt like I could hit heavy weights with ease, but layed off to train tomorrow.............. the program is the program. A quart of milk, to finish the gallon, then to bed.

Totally pissed off!!!!!!!!!
    Squat:280 4/4/3

bench:252 5/5/5 felt light
    Chins:Tbd later

I have no idea what happened on squat I'm so mad because I have to wait until saturday to squat again, Damn!

starting strength coach development program
    Chins:BW 7/6/4

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast