starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    You all fixed up my deadlift. I知 hoping you can do the same with my squat. I have developed knee pain as I made my way into the 300s for my 5s. Tried a reset focusing on keeping knees out as they tend to cave a bit when the weight gets heavy. Looking at video my guy says it痴 some knee slide but I知 not 100% sure. If you can help with any obvious errors I値l get to work fixing. I値l also note my garage floor, like many, is slightly angled downward toward the entrance and my left shoulder is slightly higher than my right so I tend to stagger my stance slightly by dropping left foot back. Not sure if that factors in. Pain is in my right kneecap and above left kneecap (quadriceps tendonicitis i think based on Mark discussing this elsewhere) Thanks all.

February 11, 2024 - YouTube

Your back is not in complete extension at the top, and your knees and hips are not in complete extension at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Your back is not in complete extension at the top, and your knees and hips are not in complete extension at the top.
    Thank you Mark. Is it possible that is a source of my knee pain or is it likely another flaw you may have observed?

Probably not the source of your pain, but I cannot determine that over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Probably not the source of your pain, but I cannot determine that over the internet.
    Thanks Mark. Booked a form check with a local coach.