Post your ideas for upcoming features here Post your ideas for upcoming features here - Page 11

starting strength gym
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 234

Thread: Post your ideas for upcoming features here

  1. #101
    shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    605

    Default

    • texas seminar date
    • wichita falls texas march seminar date
    • woodmere new york april seminar date
    Quote Originally Posted by wfd426 View Post
    Really like the app so far. I'd like to be able to tap the date while training and have it change to the current time. If a third tap would show me a running clock with my elapsed time, that'd be even better.
    Thanks. You want to see the current time or the amount of time that you've been training for? or both?

  2. #102
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    Thanks. You want to see the current time or the amount of time that you've been training for? or both?
    Both if possible.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2

    Default

    A few usability suggestions (I have the android app):

    Have the weight plate breakdown on the working set screen, where you check off that you have completed each set, instead of a separate screen, just like the warmup set screen.

    Use the event of clicking the completed set to start the automatic timer, not the leaving of that pop-up. That way it isn't "Click I am done /w set. Click to leave screen. Wait for timer to run out. Click back into working set screen." Instead, it should be "Click, done /w set. Timer runs out. Click, done /w next set."

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Really great app, and thanks for making it available on Kindle!

    I'd love to have the option to replace Power Cleans with Power Snatches, and to copy today's workout into the SS Forum log.

  5. #105
    shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravl View Post
    Really great app, and thanks for making it available on Kindle!

    I'd love to have the option to replace Power Cleans with Power Snatches, and to copy today's workout into the SS Forum log.
    Thanks! both of those are on the to-do list, always good to have another vote though.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Thank you for the excellent app! I just started Starting Strength and used the app to complete my first 6 workouts.
    I am very impressed with the excellent value of the app - I was expecting much less for what I paid.
    My suggestions / requests have already been mentioned by others, but they are:
    1) Log Warm Ups. As a complete novice who wants to be able to communicate with others about what I am doing, I have to reconstruct the warm ups - which is not hard, but it would be great if they were recorded and part of the logs like Young Angus McSnort in SST3 (Kindle Loc 7722), Chapter 8 Programming.
    2) Auto submit to the Starting Strength Logs forums.

    Thank you for the excellent work-

    -jcy-p

  7. #107
    shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jyp View Post
    Thank you for the excellent app! I just started Starting Strength and used the app to complete my first 6 workouts.
    I am very impressed with the excellent value of the app - I was expecting much less for what I paid.
    My suggestions / requests have already been mentioned by others, but they are:
    1) Log Warm Ups. As a complete novice who wants to be able to communicate with others about what I am doing, I have to reconstruct the warm ups - which is not hard, but it would be great if they were recorded and part of the logs like Young Angus McSnort in SST3 (Kindle Loc 7722), Chapter 8 Programming.
    2) Auto submit to the Starting Strength Logs forums.

    Thank you for the excellent work-

    -jcy-p
    you're welcome!
    Both of those suggestions are already on the to-do list. Auto submit to the forums is lower down mainly because its looking like a lot of work. We were thinking about having a copy the workout text and notes to the clipboard and the user can then paste it into the forums through the page in the app.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    We were thinking about having a copy the workout text and notes to the clipboard and the user can then paste it into the forums through the page in the app.
    That sounds reasonable. The main thing would be to have a simple, standard way to get the info into the forum to further leverage the excellence of app. While you already probably have it on your list, but linking video / photos to workouts so they can also be uploaded to the forum - like a form check function. The tighter the integration with the Starting Strength form, the better it would be for everyone.

    The ideal thing would be that the app gets listed as one of the essential resources for the Starting Strength program - listed on the Getting Started Page, etc. I don't know how many people have purchased this app, but if it is not being bought by everyone starting out they are missing the boat...

  9. #109
    shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jyp View Post
    That sounds reasonable. The main thing would be to have a simple, standard way to get the info into the forum to further leverage the excellence of app.
    Yep agreed, I am still to investigate whether this is possible and how much works is involved. I guess the annoying thing for the user is having to login twice, once to the app and once to the forum but I will get around to looking into this at some stage.

    Quote Originally Posted by jyp View Post
    While you already probably have it on your list, but linking video / photos to workouts so they can also be uploaded to the forum - like a form check function. The tighter the integration with the Starting Strength form, the better it would be for everyone..
    This is also on the list. Will probably be an integration with instagram, facebook and twitter and we will have a feed inside the app of anyone who has used a certain hashtag.

    Quote Originally Posted by jyp View Post
    The ideal thing would be that the app gets listed as one of the essential resources for the Starting Strength program - listed on the Getting Started Page, etc. I don't know how many people have purchased this app, but if it is not being bought by everyone starting out they are missing the boat..
    Pretty sure we are already on the main SS site down the bottom and on the products page.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    543

    Default

    starting strength nutrition camp
    I have been using the app since may and have found it very useful.

    Now I'm at the point for advanced novice programming. It would be really nice to have the option for back extensions and chins to be rotated in with deadlifts and power cleans. Or just being able to opt out of the deads and cleans for the day instead of putting zero or leaving it blank.

    My only complaint is that the timer seems to be buggy now and again, most of the time it seems to work fine, but every once in a while it won't beep it'll just end without any sort of notice. I have a Droid Turbo.

    I would also pay for a different app that had customizable workouts and/or templates for intermediate lifters as I'll be nearing that soon.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •