Post your ideas for upcoming features here Post your ideas for upcoming features here - Page 12

starting strength gym
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 234

Thread: Post your ideas for upcoming features here

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    30

    Default

    • phoenix arizona seminar date
    • texas seminar date
    Hi Mick-

    I have a bit more experience now with the app (not much, but I have used it for 14 workouts). The continual suggestion to do Chin Ups is a bit annoying (I wish I could, but not yet). They have gotten turned on several times, which requires that I turn them off again and re-log the workout.
    This is not a big thing - and maybe it is good for me to be chided on an ongoing basis for not doing Chin Ups, but if there was a way to turn off the reminder, I would use it.

    The other thing I was thinking could be useful is a start up mode, where the app would help you determine what your starting work sets should be. As a novice, I am not quite sure how this would best be implemented, but the app does a great job with the ongoing programming - it is just missing some kind of a start up test that would help you determine good start weights.

    I had the good fortune to work with Nick Degadillo who worked with me and prescribed starting weights. I would imagine there is some kind of a protocol that could be done for each of the lifts to get everyone off to something reasonable for the their strength level.

    Thanks again for the excellent work.

    Cheers-
    -jcy-p

  2. #112
    shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jyp View Post
    Hi Mick-

    I have a bit more experience now with the app (not much, but I have used it for 14 workouts). The continual suggestion to do Chin Ups is a bit annoying (I wish I could, but not yet). They have gotten turned on several times, which requires that I turn them off again and re-log the workout.
    This is not a big thing - and maybe it is good for me to be chided on an ongoing basis for not doing Chin Ups, but if there was a way to turn off the reminder, I would use it.

    The other thing I was thinking could be useful is a start up mode, where the app would help you determine what your starting work sets should be. As a novice, I am not quite sure how this would best be implemented, but the app does a great job with the ongoing programming - it is just missing some kind of a start up test that would help you determine good start weights.

    I had the good fortune to work with Nick Degadillo who worked with me and prescribed starting weights. I would imagine there is some kind of a protocol that could be done for each of the lifts to get everyone off to something reasonable for the their strength level.

    Thanks again for the excellent work.

    Cheers-
    -jcy-p
    Hey jcy, thanks for the feedback.
    Chinups popup is an issue we've fied in the coming update, I know its annoying and it is a bug that slipped through the cracks.
    The tutorial is a good idea and something i thought about, will add this to our to-do list. We do have a popup that has some text on it which says how to find the starting weights but may be a better way to do it.

  3. #113
    shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JFick View Post
    I have been using the app since may and have found it very useful.

    Now I'm at the point for advanced novice programming. It would be really nice to have the option for back extensions and chins to be rotated in with deadlifts and power cleans. Or just being able to opt out of the deads and cleans for the day instead of putting zero or leaving it blank.

    My only complaint is that the timer seems to be buggy now and again, most of the time it seems to work fine, but every once in a while it won't beep it'll just end without any sort of notice. I have a Droid Turbo.

    I would also pay for a different app that had customizable workouts and/or templates for intermediate lifters as I'll be nearing that soon.
    Hey Jfick, thanks for the feedback.

    Advanced novice is in our to-do list and should be done later this year.
    That app "crashing" is a memory issue and something we've addressed in the forthcoming update.
    Intermediate training logs are also in our to do list. Thanks!

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    15

    Default

    The chin up exercise shows progress in weight, is it possible to change it to body weight reps and then add weight when needed also the progression weight increases to be changed automatically when work set weights are increasing on all exercises. Does the warm up sets weights increase as your working sets weight increases and the reps

  5. #115
    shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tato View Post
    The chin up exercise shows progress in weight, is it possible to change it to body weight reps and then add weight when needed also the progression weight increases to be changed automatically when work set weights are increasing on all exercises. Does the warm up sets weights increase as your working sets weight increases and the reps
    It should start at 0kgs (bodyweight) then you can add weight as you reach the 3 sets of 12..

    Warm up sets re calculate every time you run todays training, so yes they should update if your workset weights are going up. although sometimes if its small jumps it may look the same as last time.

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I am enjoying the new features in the 10/16 update but would request to bring back the ability to modify the standalone rest timer so that when my default time is up I can add another 1-5 min. thanks!

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Shabu,

    Any chance you'll be able to allow the ability to change exercises; for example squat to front squat, power clean to row, deadlift to trap bar deadlift.

    I mean, these alternate lifts in Starting Strength so I figure why not allow us to change as we'd like to.

    Thanks,
    Shane

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Can you add back the pop up timer window? I can't find a way to change the timer amount without having to go into settings. The quick set buttons you had previously were great.

  9. #119
    shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dadereni View Post
    I am enjoying the new features in the 10/16 update but would request to bring back the ability to modify the standalone rest timer so that when my default time is up I can add another 1-5 min. thanks!
    thanks, will get that back in.

  10. #120
    shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    602

    Default

    starting strength nutrition camp
    Quote Originally Posted by s.standart View Post
    Shabu,

    Any chance you'll be able to allow the ability to change exercises; for example squat to front squat, power clean to row, deadlift to trap bar deadlift.

    I mean, these alternate lifts in Starting Strength so I figure why not allow us to change as we'd like to.

    Thanks,
    Shane
    we are planning to get more intermediate exercises in but at the moment the app is the novice program. Is trap bar deadlift anywhere in the program?

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •