starting strength gym
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your ideas for upcoming features here

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello,

Just wondering if the app for the novice program (current one) will have a progression update that will allow for day 1 to be:

Squat
    Bench
    DL/PC

With day two being:

Squat
    Press
    Back Extension
    Chins

Please let me know either way.

Thanks.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by RiberoD07 View Post
    could you make it so we could see the projected weights for the following workout upon finishing a days workout? Only way I see how to is to wait until the day has passed, click on todays training and see what it has increased to. Seems random but I've found myself a couple times questioning what the increase was and see no way to see this. maybe have us be able to click on todays training and see the next workout or something and leave the training history to see what we did and edit it that way?
    not sure if this makes sense, I can elaborate if needed.
    Coming very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RiberoD07 View Post
    Another suggestion is if a form check would be possible or not, something that took a video or through the use of the camera and screen overlay displayed things to fix or correct position to be in kind of thing. I'm not sure if that makes sense but one of the pictures on the play store made me think a feature like that already existed but I don't believe it does.
    We discussed this a while back, but everyone has different body shapes and sizes. You're better off posting a form check video on this forum or using the new online coaching portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter MacDonald View Post
    Hello,

Just wondering if the app for the novice program (current one) will have a progression update that will allow for day 1 to be:

Squat
    Bench
    DL/PC

With day two being:

Squat
    Press
    Back Extension
    Chins

Please let me know either way.

Thanks.
    At the moment no, but I want to get the advanced novice program in soon. For now you can just use the notes section to add in back extensions. everything else is there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Perdue View Post
    So I am 99% sure the wife is getting me an apple watch for Christmas... Is this going to happen? It would be amazing!
    sorry mate...too many other things prioritised ahead of it at the moment. next year, i promise!

Quote Originally Posted by augeleven View Post
    I love the app, especially the charts.
    A lot of my workouts don't finish until after midnight, at which point the app kind of resets and I have to add each workout again in the history.
    Or I start my workout after midnight, but to me, it's still the same day (because I haven't gone to bed yet). It would be cool to either be able to edit dates, or have workouts that start on on day and finish on the other keep the original date.

Thanks
    hmm. thats a tricky one. What i would suggest is starting your workout, then submitting it as final, and editing it in the training history section. only issue is that you can use the warmup / workset calculator though. i will think about an edit date function though.

I would like to have the app track a light squat day separately. It would be convenient to be able to swap a heavy/light squat day similiar to the way bench press and press are swapped. I would also like to be able to rotate through deadlift/power clean/ chin-ups through a swap button.

Quote Originally Posted by petesmithing View Post
    I would like to have the app track a light squat day separately. It would be convenient to be able to swap a heavy/light squat day similiar to the way bench press and press are swapped. I would also like to be able to rotate through deadlift/power clean/ chin-ups through a swap button.
    All of that is coming soon. Deloads and also an easier way to swap in and out exercises, although I think Chinups will always be either on or off and not a replacement for deads or power cleans as that is not in the program.

Shabu,

I would like to commend you on a great app, I have used it every training session since getting it. I have really enjoyed seeing the new functions that have been added thus far and am excited to see what new things you roll out in the future. Since this is a suggestion thread and I believe it has been mentioned before but I would love to be able to attach my training videos to the log for that day.

Thanks,

Wesley

Quote Originally Posted by wesley662 View Post
    Shabu,

I would like to commend you on a great app, I have used it every training session since getting it. I have really enjoyed seeing the new functions that have been added thus far and am excited to see what new things you roll out in the future. Since this is a suggestion thread and I believe it has been mentioned before but I would love to be able to attach my training videos to the log for that day.

Thanks,

Wesley
    Thanks Wesley, appreciate it.

Thats something I have in mind for the future, its on the list. Thanks for the suggestion.

starting strength coach development program
    I ended my workout in the app prior to completion. I was able to go into the history and edit, but was not able to see the warmup progression or other things on that section. It would be nice to provide the full functionality in edit to see both the warmups and bar loading.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast