starting strength gym
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your ideas for upcoming features here

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by golds064 View Post
    I ended my workout in the app prior to completion. I was able to go into the history and edit, but was not able to see the warmup progression or other things on that section. It would be nice to provide the full functionality in edit to see both the warmups and bar loading.
    Thats been requested quite a lot, I'm doing a huge redesign of the whle app at the moment, but I don't think that will make it in. In the next version it will be easy to just delete the workout, and start again (won't take long to get back to your old progression)

Default Switch kgs and lbs duing a workout

I go to 2 gyms
    One gym all the plates are kgs.
    At the other gym, the bumper plates are kgs and all other plates are lbs – so within one workout session, I may be doing some exercises in lbs and some in kgs.
    Please can you add the capability to change from kgs to lbs during a workout (without losing all my data from the workout)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr1ver View Post
    I go to 2 gyms
    One gym all the plates are kgs.
    At the other gym, the bumper plates are kgs and all other plates are lbs – so within one workout session, I may be doing some exercises in lbs and some in kgs.
    Please can you add the capability to change from kgs to lbs during a workout (without losing all my data from the workout)?

Thanks
    I think I replied to this via email. In short, it can be done but its its probably a fair bit of work including testing (the system is hard coded to use one or the either is the best way I can put it). As this hasn't been requested at all until now, it is on our list but its pretty low priority. sorry about that.

Hello, new to forum. I've just started using the app and doing the program for the past couple of weeks. Two quick suggestions. Is it possible to have a setting to turn on an auto-backup function? This would be nice if in case your phone dies, gets stolen, or in my case, forget to back up my data before wiping it and trading it in for a new one. The second suggestion is for choosing the available weight plates for exercises. It would be nice for those of us at home to not only indicate which weight plates we have, but the number of pairs of plates for each weight we have. For example, I only have one pair of 10s and two pairs of 5s. So when the app suggests putting two 10 lb weights on each side, that's not an actual option for me. Obviously I can and have figured it out. But having the ability to specify what plates you have available is something that would make diagram of what plates to put on your bar more convenient. Thank you for your hard work on the app!

Ideas below, some may already be known issues:

(1) "Progress" graphs - Currently shows graphs for work set max, would be useful if could switch between this and calculated 1 rep max (multiply by 1.13 I think it is - there are calculators/studies)

(2) Warmup set timer - When it reaches Zero and the pop up box comes up, after I click ok the. It just shows "1". Would be better to show "start"/"go" or similar

(3) Timer reset - After I start the timer, when I go into a menu for an exercise (e.g. to see notes) it resets

(4) Timer after last warmup set - this doesn't start automatically. I'd suggest after closing the pop up box for warmups that this start automatically

(5) Timer/alarm when I switch between iPhone screens - doesn't seem to continue or alarm sound

I started with the Stronglifts app but quickly switched to SS. Though SS is a superior program to SL, I do miss a few features from the SL app. Firstly, I noticed that a major update was announced in May, has that been released yet? If it hasn't, maybe a lot of my suggestions will be included (fingers crossed).

I guess the easiest way is just to list the features I miss the most from the SL app.

1. When you're done the warm up lifts, the app would take you straight to the work weight sets, streamlining the whole workout.
    2. When you're done each workout, at the end, the app lets view your next workout with weights. It also lets you up the weight for your next workout in that preview notification.
    3. Setting work weight...rather then just entering a number, the app shows the plates for one side and as you touch the up or down arrow it changes the weights and the plate view by 2.5lbs. This makes adjusting weights much faster for dumb guys like me.

Quote Originally Posted by LPearson View Post
    Hello, new to forum. I've just started using the app and doing the program for the past couple of weeks. Two quick suggestions. Is it possible to have a setting to turn on an auto-backup function? This would be nice if in case your phone dies, gets stolen, or in my case, forget to back up my data before wiping it and trading it in for a new one. The second suggestion is for choosing the available weight plates for exercises. It would be nice for those of us at home to not only indicate which weight plates we have, but the number of pairs of plates for each weight we have. For example, I only have one pair of 10s and two pairs of 5s. So when the app suggests putting two 10 lb weights on each side, that's not an actual option for me. Obviously I can and have figured it out. But having the ability to specify what plates you have available is something that would make diagram of what plates to put on your bar more convenient. Thank you for your hard work on the app!
    auto backup function is in the next update.

weight plate calculator is in the app already, with a diagram -- but the number of plates is not specified, but its on my to-do list (probably not the next update, but the one after that).

Quote Originally Posted by cztf8t View Post
    Ideas below, some may already be known issues:

(1) "Progress" graphs - Currently shows graphs for work set max, would be useful if could switch between this and calculated 1 rep max (multiply by 1.13 I think it is - there are calculators/studies)

(2) Warmup set timer - When it reaches Zero and the pop up box comes up, after I click ok the. It just shows "1". Would be better to show "start"/"go" or similar

(3) Timer reset - After I start the timer, when I go into a menu for an exercise (e.g. to see notes) it resets

(4) Timer after last warmup set - this doesn't start automatically. I'd suggest after closing the pop up box for warmups that this start automatically

(5) Timer/alarm when I switch between iPhone screens - doesn't seem to continue or alarm sound
    progress graphs - you can go argue with Rip about this -- or at least google his articles on why 1 rep max is useless. We do calculate 5RM to Bodyweight in the Strength : Bodyweight graph.

2,3,4, 5 should all be fixed in the coming update. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by therealredding View Post
    I started with the Stronglifts app but quickly switched to SS. Though SS is a superior program to SL, I do miss a few features from the SL app. Firstly, I noticed that a major update was announced in May, has that been released yet? If it hasn't, maybe a lot of my suggestions will be included (fingers crossed).

I guess the easiest way is just to list the features I miss the most from the SL app.

1. When you're done the warm up lifts, the app would take you straight to the work weight sets, streamlining the whole workout.
    2. When you're done each workout, at the end, the app lets view your next workout with weights. It also lets you up the weight for your next workout in that preview notification.
    3. Setting work weight...rather then just entering a number, the app shows the plates for one side and as you touch the up or down arrow it changes the weights and the plate view by 2.5lbs. This makes adjusting weights much faster for dumb guys like me.
    1 and 2 are both in the next update.
    3 sounds like a good idea, but a lot of work. I'll put it on the to-do list.

thanks for the feedback.

starting strength coach development program
    Doubt this would make it to the release of the update but if you could make the button on the right side of the warm up/work set calculator screen (the one you press to get back to the main lift "screen") either a little larger or a standalone I would be your best friend forever. Some times when your adrenaline is up and your hearts going my giant thumb hits the "Switch Exercise" button accidentally and swaps between bench/OHP. Not really a big deal other than for some reason its causing a glitch where it zeros out the weight. Also somehow it screwed up the data entry once and logged my OHP at a complete 240x3x5 (my bench weight for the next workout) instead of 155. As much as I'd love to be able to add 85 pounds to my OHP in a week...

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast