starting strength gym
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your ideas for upcoming features here

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I was wondering if there were plans to be able to substitute barbell rows instead of power cleans. I fall in that age range where power cleans are not recommended (I am still trying to learn to power clean) I would like to have the option to log rows with the app.

I wish there was a way to import files from the FitNotes app. I do own a copy of the SS app, but I have so much time/data invested in the other app. Losing that data would be akin to burning someone's log notebook...

It would make life easier if the body weight configuration would be in the main settings instead of inside the workout. Also there needs to be an option where you could modify your body weight in the previous workouts, just in case you forgot to modify. Otherwise, AWESOME app, I really love it!!

I’ve dug the app. It’s helped me internalize programming principles among other things. It would be great but unnecessary to consider a progress feature indicating where your lifts would be 30 days out as based on the current loading parameters for each lift, etc. just a good motivator, even if it’s not terribly difficult to perform the calculations mentally. Rock on.

Hi. Long time listener, first time poster. Just want to say that me and my wife have been doing the NLP and have just started using the app. I haven’t seen how to do it, but a way to switch the rep scheme from 5x3 to 3x5 for females and even some exercises like the Press would be awesome! Keep up the great work!!

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco83 View Post
    I seem to recall in the older version of the app you could filter the exercises when viewing to line plot. Is it possible to bring the filtering back?
    That is strue actually, you could click on the line and it would highlight it. We moved to a different charts plugin. Will see if we can get that back in.

Quote Originally Posted by WAMike View Post
    I was wondering if there were plans to be able to substitute barbell rows instead of power cleans. I fall in that age range where power cleans are not recommended (I am still trying to learn to power clean) I would like to have the option to log rows with the app.
    At the moment no, but you can keep track of any other exercises in the notes section.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeback303 View Post
    I wish there was a way to import files from the FitNotes app. I do own a copy of the SS app, but I have so much time/data invested in the other app. Losing that data would be akin to burning someone's log notebook...
    Yeah I understand that, unfortunately you're the first person to ask for it so its not high on the priority list. I will add it to our to-do list though. Thanks for the request.

Quote Originally Posted by dfreric View Post
    I’ve dug the app. It’s helped me internalize programming principles among other things. It would be great but unnecessary to consider a progress feature indicating where your lifts would be 30 days out as based on the current loading parameters for each lift, etc. just a good motivator, even if it’s not terribly difficult to perform the calculations mentally. Rock on.
    Do you mean showing that on the progress graphs?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ry-guy View Post
    Hi. Long time listener, first time poster. Just want to say that me and my wife have been doing the NLP and have just started using the app. I haven’t seen how to do it, but a way to switch the rep scheme from 5x3 to 3x5 for females and even some exercises like the Press would be awesome! Keep up the great work!!
    You can change to the 5x3 female program in "settings". Assuming she setup the app and chose "female" as the gender you should be able to see that.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast