starting strength gym
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your ideas for upcoming features here

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Started to use the app and thought I'd throw in a few suggestions. These are fairly minor - the app is very usable.

- Setting bodyweight should be done in settings, like your birthdate, not in a workout. Took me forever to find that button, and it really doesn't make sense there - your weight doesn't change during a workout.
    - Forum integration navigation is non-intuitive. Hitting back sends you back to the app, instead of the last forum page you browsed to.
    - More videos! Maybe integrate/search all the videos on Videos | Starting Strength
    - Record my set function for SSOC. Hit a button, start recording video, without leaving app. If you have extra development time, maybe even trim and submit it to your SSOC.

-->Adam

Possibly an option for the Starr Rehab Method for a particular lift, which also is able to help not go too heavy on the other lifts.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Levine View Post
    Started to use the app and thought I'd throw in a few suggestions. These are fairly minor - the app is very usable.

- Setting bodyweight should be done in settings, like your birthdate, not in a workout. Took me forever to find that button, and it really doesn't make sense there - your weight doesn't change during a workout.
    - Forum integration navigation is non-intuitive. Hitting back sends you back to the app, instead of the last forum page you browsed to.
    - More videos! Maybe integrate/search all the videos on Videos | Starting Strength
    - Record my set function for SSOC. Hit a button, start recording video, without leaving app. If you have extra development time, maybe even trim and submit it to your SSOC.

-->Adam
    re bodyweight - people do want the ability to set it every workout though as most people's bodyweight will fluctuate over time and its an important metric to know.
    forum issue - agreed, its on our list to do.
    videos - good idea.
    re SSOC - unfortunately we're not tied into their eco system. they use fitbot and we are a native app.

Thanks for the feedback Adam!

The ability to add accessory exercises to workout a and b.
    Eg Rows, Curls, tricep extensions, calf raises.

Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    re bodyweight - people do want the ability to set it every workout though as most people's bodyweight will fluctuate over time and its an important metric to know.
    forum issue - agreed, its on our list to do.
    videos - good idea.
    re SSOC - unfortunately we're not tied into their eco system. they use fitbot and we are a native app.

Thanks for the feedback Adam!
    Re: the keyboard on iPhone appears over body weight and you can’t scroll down. You have to type in body weight without seeing what it’s typing. It’s very tricky and usually takes me 3-4 attempts to put in BW.

When accessing the SS forum from within the app it would be nice to have a back button like on a browser. Not sure if this was already requested.

Looking for an automatic timer between warmup and work sets.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdragonfly View Post
    Looking for an automatic timer between warmup and work sets.
    Go to settings -> auto start rest timer and tap that so it shows a tick

Quote Originally Posted by ben_b View Post
    When accessing the SS forum from within the app it would be nice to have a back button like on a browser. Not sure if this was already requested.
    yes that's been requested a lot.

starting strength coach development program
    Possibility of implementing the programming option of "light days" and "reset days".
    Right now I just lower the weight manually, then increase it again manually the next time, but if I record the correct 5 x 2 it shows a fail.
    Would be awesome if the app would do the reset math and light day math for me.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast