starting strength gym
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your ideas for upcoming features here

Lightbulb

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    If you have ideas that you'd like to see in the app please post them here.
    I would really appreciate if this was implemented:

Quote Originally Posted by brkriete View Post
    I don't see a way to indicate partial completion of sets (for example if I fail on the 4th rep of my 3rd set, how do I track this)?

Is there a way to add notes to a workout? (For example if I wanted to track my warmup or periworkout nutrition?)

Is there an option for "Advanced Novice" (light squat day?) / alternative SSBT programming options? I have been using the "Strength Club" app for tracking my workouts and it's biggest weakness is the inflexibility in programming options allowed however I really like the basic sets/reps entry scheme.
    Basically a way to mark missed reps and/or sets so the app computes and adjusts the subsequent workouts, accordingly. (e.g., Strong Lifts rep. counter + deload etc.)

Lightbulb Missed reps

Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    If you have ideas that you'd like to see in the app please post them here.

I don't see a way to indicate partial completion of sets (for example if I fail on the 4th rep of my 3rd set, how do I track this)?

Is there a way to add notes to a workout? (For example if I wanted to track my warmup or periworkout nutrition?)

Is there an option for "Advanced Novice" (light squat day?) / alternative SSBT programming options? I have been using the "Strength Club" app for tracking my workouts and it's biggest weakness is the inflexibility in programming options allowed however I really like the basic sets/reps entry scheme.
    Basically a way to mark missed reps and/or sets so the app computes and adjusts the subsequent workouts, accordingly. (i.e., Something like StrongLifts does: with a rep. counter + deload etc.)

Lightbulb Missed repetitions

• I would really appreciate if this was implemented:

• Essentially, a way to mark missed reps (and/or sets) so that the app can compute and adjust accordingly the subsequent workouts. — i.e., Something like StrongLifts' app does: with a rep counter + deload etc.

Even though notes are a welcomed addition; I think it would be insufficient to just add a note with the missed reps.

I've been recording my lifts as per Mark's book, for the past few months. Buy I just got this app today. Is there a way to add my previous data to this app.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by CaphalorAlb View Post
    I would also like to see export of data

Something that hasn't been mentioned, is the functionality of the 'Progress' Tab.
    As i go on with my training, I find it hard to grasp my general Progression, since the app doesn't allow me to scale time (x-axis) or weight (y-axis) in a different way.
    Another thing is that i would prefer the time-axis to be more chronological, right now it just lists each subsequent workout and puts them apart equally, whereas it would make more sense if it actually showed the timespan (especially if you have to take break for a day, or are injured) and the gaps between workouts.
    thanks, i was thining about having some filters like month or even year view. I'm not sure about spreading the data points out, i will investigate if that is possible. Thanks for the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartborne View Post

Basically a way to mark missed reps and/or sets so the app computes and adjusts the subsequent workouts, accordingly. (e.g., Strong Lifts rep. counter + deload etc.)
    The app already does this. If you only complete 2 sets, just mark it as "2" and submit it. The next workout it will be the same weight. I'll chat to Rip and the guys about how to program deloads. Thanks :)

Quote Originally Posted by atwood6 View Post
    I've been recording my lifts as per Mark's book, for the past few months. Buy I just got this app today. Is there a way to add my previous data to this app.
    Yes, in the training history screen, the bottom right hand corner there is a "+" button. click that and you can add workouts from past dates.

Default iOS export to csv file not to Health App

I really love the app and the most recent updates. I do have a follow on request to exporting\archiving workouts. With regard to iOS, is it possible to export the workout history to a .csv file that can be e-mailed? Saving to the iOS Health app only works for the iPhone 5S or later and is not functional in the iPad. Unfortunately, for me and maybe others, I use the iPad for my SS workouts. Again, not your fault, but the clunky export feature in Health exports everything. One cannot select the Workouts only from the Health Data.

Please, please, please add an import\export in *.csv to the SS App.

And

Please include a way to track partial reps if a set is not completed.

Thank you for all of your hard work.
    Joe B.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBurnside View Post
    I really love the app and the most recent updates. I do have a follow on request to exporting\archiving workouts. With regard to iOS, is it possible to export the workout history to a .csv file that can be e-mailed? Saving to the iOS Health app only works for the iPhone 5S or later and is not functional in the iPad. Unfortunately, for me and maybe others, I use the iPad for my SS workouts. Again, not your fault, but the clunky export feature in Health exports everything. One cannot select the Workouts only from the Health Data.

Please, please, please add an import\export in *.csv to the SS App.

And

Please include a way to track partial reps if a set is not completed.

Thank you for all of your hard work.
    Joe B.
    Hi Joe, this is coming in the new year. Well cloud sync anyway, I haven't quite looked into how to create a csv file from the data but once cloud backup / restore is done it shouldn't be too hard.

As for health app, it only really just detects when you've done a workout and how many calories you've (supposedly) burned, so i doubt it would give you much valuable information anyway.

partial rep completion, you can use use notes to keep track of that in the latest update, but I will be making something in the new year to log and track this better.

starting strength coach development program
    Giving my votes too:

- possibility to add assistance/custom exercises to workouts
    - advanced programs
    - possibility to add create complete custom workouts (including cardio)

I would love to see this app as a complete one-stop training log. E.g. sometimes you may want to replace a barbell lift with something else, due to an injury.

I follow the program mostly, but for the times I do something else, I have to log it elsewhere. It would be nice to have it logged in the same "training book" -> this app.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast