starting strength gym
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your ideas for upcoming features here

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyA View Post
    I cannot currently list the weights I have available. I bought a set that has 1 lb. .75, .5 and .25 lbs. Thus I am able to increase my load by as little as one-half pound. Haven't gotten to that point yet, but I will someday.

Right now I have to cheat and tell the app that I have 1.25 lb weights, but it still tells me I can't load the bar to the weight I want.

Thanks for all the good work, and also thanks for your amazingly quick reply when I first bought the app and had a question.
    I'll get those into the next update.

I second the idea of being able to choose which lifts are sets of three and instead of all or nothing

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Mick,

1. When you add a kilos feature to the app, could you make it so that kilos can be specified to specific exercises (e.g. power clean) and pounds are specified to other exercises? This seems ridiculous, I know. But I am training in a weightlifting/strength training center where almost all their bumper plates are in kilos and all the iron plates are in pounds (and some calibrated Eleiko iron plates in kilos). I'd like to keep using imperial-marked iron plates for all my exercises, except for power cleans, where it's more convenient to use the kilo bumper plates. Or I could just convert all my training to kilos if an exercise-specific metric/imperial toggle is too cumbersome.

2. Are the chin-ups/other assistance exercises next on the work-in-process list?

Thanks,
    Vincent

Can we get the ability to change the date in the history screen? Sometimes I forget to complete the log until the next day...

Also, can we have the ability to switch between OHP and Bench; Cleans and Deads in the history screen? (Currently you can only switch between A and B which assumes you clean on bench days. I am working with a coach that has me only doing cleans on Wednesday. So if I forget to log that night, I can't log my workout accurately if it happens to be a Wednesday where I'm pressing and cleaning (like last night). So my log and progress history are all wrong.

Thanks! Great work so far on the app.

Quote Originally Posted by raivyne View Post
    Can we get the ability to change the date in the history screen? Sometimes I forget to complete the log until the next day...

Also, can we have the ability to switch between OHP and Bench; Cleans and Deads in the history screen? (Currently you can only switch between A and B which assumes you clean on bench days. I am working with a coach that has me only doing cleans on Wednesday. So if I forget to log that night, I can't log my workout accurately if it happens to be a Wednesday where I'm pressing and cleaning (like last night). So my log and progress history are all wrong.

Thanks! Great work so far on the app.
    i'll try to make this more flexible so you can do this. thanks for the feedback. as a workaround, just delete the workout from training history, then tap the "+" button and you can add a date in the past.
    Last edited by shabu; 05-19-2016 at 07:33 AM.

Could you add the capability to select a specific date in the history? Currently, I can only hit the arrows to move through the history. This is very cumbersome when you want to go back more than a few workouts.

Also, can you make the timer available during the warmup sets screen? There are times I want to add some rest between warmups.

Finally, can you make the notes displayed by default at the bottom of the screen when viewing the history? It's not very easy or useful having to click on the notes button to just to view them. Thanks!

Any idea when more advanced novice routines will be incorporated, such as chin-ups? Thanks for all the great work. This app is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by schmatt View Post
    Could you add the capability to select a specific date in the history? Currently, I can only hit the arrows to move through the history. This is very cumbersome when you want to go back more than a few workouts.

Also, can you make the timer available during the warmup sets screen? There are times I want to add some rest between warmups.

Finally, can you make the notes displayed by default at the bottom of the screen when viewing the history? It's not very easy or useful having to click on the notes button to just to view them. Thanks!

Any idea when more advanced novice routines will be incorporated, such as chin-ups? Thanks for all the great work. This app is awesome.
    Rest time between warmups is on our to-do list.
    Displaying notes at the bottom is a good idea, will add that to the list.
    Calendar with clickable dates is on our to do list too.
    chinups are coming in the next update.
    Advanced novice the following update.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    as a workaround, just delete the workout from training history, then tap the "+" button and you can add a date in the past.
    That's part of what I'm trying to explain.

You can't add a workout in which you did overhead press and cleans under any circumstances from the history screen. You can do it from "Today's Training", but then you can't modify the date in history.

Also once cleans are enabled for workout b, you can't add a workout via the history screen in which you did bench and deads. Unless you disable cleans first.

Quote Originally Posted by raivyne View Post
    That's part of what I'm trying to explain.

You can't add a workout in which you did overhead press and cleans under any circumstances from the history screen. You can do it from "Today's Training", but then you can't modify the date in history.

Also once cleans are enabled for workout b, you can't add a workout via the history screen in which you did bench and deads. Unless you disable cleans first.
    This is fixed in the 1.16 update which is coming early next week. You can go into training history and switch exercises.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    This is fixed in the 1.16 update which is coming early next week. You can go into training history and switch exercises.
    Best news I've heard all week. Thanks! [emoji1]

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast