starting strength gym
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your ideas for upcoming features here

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by peacesells View Post
    I'd find a timer that automatically started after checking off a set very useful. I'm hoping further updates allow you to select the alternative programming options laid out in the book as well.
    Rest / Workset Timer will be in the next version - I'm looking into automatically starting after a set has been checked off. I'll have more info about this in the next week after I run a few tests to see if it sucks or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cone View Post
    Biggest two things, for me, would be:

1. Backup/Export/Sync of data
    2. Common accessory exercises like chins and back extensions

Also, for a mobile app I think saving the data for your current workout without requiring an explicit "save" step/button would be better. That is, save the state as it's changed.

Nice app -- thanks!
    Backup / Sync - This is on the cards. Probably not the next version though as its a fair chunk of work and we need to write a login / account and back-end server to store the data.
    Chins / Back Ext - Looking into the best way to store these. The next version will have save / load notes for each exercise, but I'd like to have something a bit more customisable.

The reason for the save button is that it would probably slow the app down if it was to write to the local storage database every time you tapped on screen. Once we get sync data in, this would be even worse.
    Last edited by shabu; 10-14-2015 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertoMaldonado View Post
    Great app and I would like to see power snatches added since they are in the third edition of Starting Strength, "it is useful enough that all lifter should know how to do it." I look forward to being able to use the app to extend into the Advanced Novice Program and Texas Method.
    Intermediate logs are probably 2 versions down the track - thanks for the feedback.

I would really like to be able to sync my training logs between my phone, tablet, and computer so I can view them on any device. Could you integrate Dropbox or google drive syncing?

Quote Originally Posted by MadDaximus View Post
    I would really like to be able to sync my training logs between my phone, tablet, and computer so I can view them on any device. Could you integrate Dropbox or google drive syncing?
    We are looking into a solution for this.

Like most people I would like to see advanced novice, followed by Texas method programming added to the app. And a chin/dip tracker would be nice. Keep up the good work.

I have a question, about the app...is it supported by android wear? there is an app(VIMOFIT) that counts reps and automatically detects motion to determine, exercise and reps . Is it compatible with the app?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cone View Post
    Biggest two things, for me, would be:

1. Backup/Export/Sync of data
    2. Common accessory exercises like chins and back extensions

Also, for a mobile app I think saving the data for your current workout without requiring an explicit "save" step/button would be better. That is, save the state as it's changed.

Nice app -- thanks!
    I second both of these. I have two devices with the app. Not to the point of adding back ext and chins but would like to. Great app!

Quote Originally Posted by Speccx View Post
    I have a question, about the app...is it supported by android wear? there is an app(VIMOFIT) that counts reps and automatically detects motion to determine, exercise and reps . Is it compatible with the app?
    Not currently. But I have got this on my feature list as its an awesome idea.

starting strength coach development program
    I would also like to see export of data

Something that hasn't been mentioned, is the functionality of the 'Progress' Tab.
    As i go on with my training, I find it hard to grasp my general Progression, since the app doesn't allow me to scale time (x-axis) or weight (y-axis) in a different way.
    Another thing is that i would prefer the time-axis to be more chronological, right now it just lists each subsequent workout and puts them apart equally, whereas it would make more sense if it actually showed the timespan (especially if you have to take break for a day, or are injured) and the gaps between workouts.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast