starting strength gym
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your ideas for upcoming features here

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Shabu,
    I'm enjoying the improvments to the app, keep up the great work. I do have a request, for those of us with older and tired eyes will you please increase the font size on the weight plates in the warm-up & workset graphic?

Default Warmup sets calculator

There is an app "Starting Strength Warmup" that basically does nothing but this one critical function.

I have your app and this app on my phone and have found myself, more and more, only using the Warmup one. I know your app has many more potentially useful information and features, but without this basic ability I don't spend enough time in it to discover them, I#m afraid (I got to know the program through the books, so I know where information is in them and refer directly to them by default.) I notice many other folks in this list have also requested this feature (warmup set calculation) -- is it in the works?

By the way, after the last iOS update I got a warning that Starting Strength Warmup was not optimized for the latest iOS version. Maybe this is an opportunity to get a lot more customers by implementing this feature?

Hmm, sorry, just requested a feature you already have --namely, warmup set calculator -- although I must say I'm afraid at the moment I still like the implementation in the other app better -- there (Starting Strength Warmup) you can see a table for each exercise that shows an overview of the entire progression of warmups plus work set weight. That display appeals greatly for some reason -- knowing where one is going and how long it will take to get there -- that said, now that I have discovered the feature in your app, I will use in it my next workout and report back.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBurnside View Post
    Shabu,
    I'm enjoying the improvments to the app, keep up the great work. I do have a request, for those of us with older and tired eyes will you please increase the font size on the weight plates in the warm-up & workset graphic?
    Will look into that!

Quote Originally Posted by tallison View Post
    There is an app "Starting Strength Warmup" that basically does nothing but this one critical function.

I have your app and this app on my phone and have found myself, more and more, only using the Warmup one. I know your app has many more potentially useful information and features, but without this basic ability I don't spend enough time in it to discover them, I#m afraid (I got to know the program through the books, so I know where information is in them and refer directly to them by default.) I notice many other folks in this list have also requested this feature (warmup set calculation) -- is it in the works?

By the way, after the last iOS update I got a warning that Starting Strength Warmup was not optimized for the latest iOS version. Maybe this is an opportunity to get a lot more customers by implementing this feature?
    I didn't develop the warmup app, you'll need to contact the developer directly.

The Starting Strength Official app has a warmup calculator. In Todays Training, tap the "<" on the left hand side of each exercise and that will open up a menu which has the warmup calculator inside.

Quote Originally Posted by tallison View Post
    Hmm, sorry, just requested a feature you already have --namely, warmup set calculator -- although I must say I'm afraid at the moment I still like the implementation in the other app better -- there (Starting Strength Warmup) you can see a table for each exercise that shows an overview of the entire progression of warmups plus work set weight. That display appeals greatly for some reason -- knowing where one is going and how long it will take to get there -- that said, now that I have discovered the feature in your app, I will use in it my next workout and report back.
    oops, sorry I replied already before seeing this. I am thinking about a redesign of the whole todays training section in the future to have a summary style like that though. I'm not entirely happy with the way todays training works so the more it bugs me the more likely I will just drop everything and do that.

could you make it so we could see the projected weights for the following workout upon finishing a days workout? Only way I see how to is to wait until the day has passed, click on todays training and see what it has increased to. Seems random but I've found myself a couple times questioning what the increase was and see no way to see this. maybe have us be able to click on todays training and see the next workout or something and leave the training history to see what we did and edit it that way?
    not sure if this makes sense, I can elaborate if needed.
    Another suggestion is if a form check would be possible or not, something that took a video or through the use of the camera and screen overlay displayed things to fix or correct position to be in kind of thing. I'm not sure if that makes sense but one of the pictures on the play store made me think a feature like that already existed but I don't believe it does.

Quote Originally Posted by RiberoD07 View Post
    could you make it so we could see the projected weights for the following workout upon finishing a days workout? Only way I see how to is to wait until the day has passed, click on todays training and see what it has increased to. Seems random but I've found myself a couple times questioning what the increase was and see no way to see this. maybe have us be able to click on todays training and see the next workout or something and leave the training history to see what we did and edit it that way?
    not sure if this makes sense, I can elaborate if needed.
    Another suggestion is if a form check would be possible or not, something that took a video or through the use of the camera and screen overlay displayed things to fix or correct position to be in kind of thing. I'm not sure if that makes sense but one of the pictures on the play store made me think a feature like that already existed but I don't believe it does.
    Thanks Ribero, will have a think about both of those. Quite a few people are asking for the summary training week view before they start their training.

I was thinking of an overlay and did chat to Rip, Stef and nick about this but if memory serves correct the overlay doesn't work because of various body shapes. I think the new form check website that Matt Reynolds is developing should sort those kinds of issues. Attaching videos to training workouts in the history might be a good idea though!

Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    its on the list already, nice for it to have another vote though!
    So I am 99% sure the wife is getting me an apple watch for Christmas... Is this going to happen? It would be amazing!

starting strength coach development program
    I love the app, especially the charts.
    A lot of my workouts don't finish until after midnight, at which point the app kind of resets and I have to add each workout again in the history.
    Or I start my workout after midnight, but to me, it's still the same day (because I haven't gone to bed yet). It would be cool to either be able to edit dates, or have workouts that start on on day and finish on the other keep the original date.

Thanks

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast