starting strength gym
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your ideas for upcoming features here

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Default Post your ideas for upcoming features here

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    If you have ideas that you'd like to see in the app please post them here.

A customizable workout planner would be a good idea to make it useful past the novice phase. Here you could customize each workout: what exercises to do, how many sets, for how many reps. Also, you cannot track chinups in it's current form, even though chinups are added in the novice phase most of the time.

I don't see a way to indicate partial completion of sets (for example if I fail on the 4th rep of my 3rd set, how do I track this)?

Is there a way to add notes to a workout? (For example if I wanted to track my warmup or periworkout nutrition?)

Is there an option for "Advanced Novice" (light squat day?) / alternative SSBT programming options? I have been using the "Strength Club" app for tracking my workouts and it's biggest weakness is the inflexibility in programming options allowed however I really like the basic sets/reps entry scheme.

Please allow for weights less than 45#. I can't overhead press that much, I use a lighter bar. The app tells me that is invalid. I beg to differ.

Mick, can the 45 lb minimum restriction be removed from the log?

Warmup Reps Calculator. Right now I have to keep a spreadsheet printout. (or use warmupreps.com) It's the worst.

Seconded. Many of us need to adjust our reps and sets for various reasons. Tracking only Xx5x3 is useless for someone, like me, who is doing a modified program.

iPhone 5s please add the ability to view in landscape mode.

A few quickies that you may want to add

1. Warm up sets;
    2. Rest timer;
    3. The Training Instruction for programming sets out modifications to the basic program that are not available on the app. I know you are getting a lot of requests for customization, but you should probably include the programming referred to in that section;
    4. Add a discussion of the power snatch to the power clean section. The book recommends that it can be used to replace the power clean. Personally, I found that discussion pretty helpful.

starting strength coach development program
    First up, let me say the app has a well-designed look and feel overall. Good job.

Idea #1: Titrated warm-up sets
    Tell me what my warm-ups are. I'm assuming warm-ups for novices will always be titrated. This is why up until now I have *not* used another app but rather a hand-written logbook. The SL app that I own does do warm-ups (I paid for the feature). This feature will be a HUGE advantage to novices on SS. It's pretty annoying to jump over to a calculator. Not a slit-my-wrists issue, but nonetheless an issue. This is such an annoying issue/missing feature with other apps that people have created (Android) apps for this specific function.

Idea #2: Support weights less than 45# (see Betsy's post above).
    The app would not work for some novices since it doesn't support anything less than 45 lbs. My wife and my friend's wife would not have been able to enter their starting weights for OHP or even squats when they first started out.

Idea #3: Configuration panel/activity
    It'd be much nicer and less annoying if you provided an activity/panel to enter the configuration information (sex, weight, lbs vs kg) rather than the pop-up dialogue sequence thing.

Idea #4: Custom/ancillary workouts
    I know this could become a rabbit hole leading to turning the app into a more general purpose workout app, but it doesn't have to be. Given how common it is for people to be also doing the ancillary exercises that are in the SS:BBT, it'd be nice to have a way to add them in the app.

All in all, good job on the app. It has a way to go to become THE APP used by SS novices though.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast