starting strength gym
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Found a bug or something that's not quite right? Post it here.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Downloaded latest update (via amazon app store) on my Phone LG G2 (5.0.2), App now hangs on starting screen, been like this for days. I tried power cycling phone as well as clearing the cache. Any way to save the data (been lifting since Feb) or reinstalling the app?

Thanks,

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Easterling View Post
    Downloaded latest update (via amazon app store) on my Phone LG G2 (5.0.2), App now hangs on starting screen, been like this for days. I tried power cycling phone as well as clearing the cache. Any way to save the data (been lifting since Feb) or reinstalling the app?

Thanks,
    Hey Ken, unfortunately this bug has cropped up again, not sure why its happening but needs to be fixed. The only way is to delete the app then reinstall, unfortunately this means losing your training data.

do you remember what you were doing right before this happened? Were you in the middle of a workout? Or was the app open in the background for a few days?
    Do you typically have a lot of apps open in the background?

I generally try to keep the background apps to a minimum. I installed the update while on vacation (I wasn't lifting), and I think I updated a couple of other apps from the appstore (amazon) at the time. That what was kind of surprising was that it installed fine, and then hung on the start screen with the logo.

Thanks, thats very helpful Ken. Looks like its a problem while updating.

On iPhone 6s, latest iOS, ss app version 1.1611. I don't do power cleans, so I have them turned off in the power cleans settings. Each workout after telling me I deadlifted my body weight and I can do power cleans, I look and power cleans are turned back on. This had been fixed in previous versions, but has appeared again. In the past it was only after every-other workout (either A or B, not sure which), now it is every time I complete my deadlifts, A or B.

Thanks for your reply. Our bars weigh 22.5 and 12.5 kg. It was possible to input that number in the older version.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by chaloney View Post
    On iPhone 6s, latest iOS, ss app version 1.1611. I don't do power cleans, so I have them turned off in the power cleans settings. Each workout after telling me I deadlifted my body weight and I can do power cleans, I look and power cleans are turned back on. This had been fixed in previous versions, but has appeared again. In the past it was only after every-other workout (either A or B, not sure which), now it is every time I complete my deadlifts, A or B.
    thanks, will look into this.

Not sure if I'm just a dummy and can't figure out how to get the app to do what I want, or if this is something of a bug. I'm on Phase III, and I can't seem to find any way to be able to record both overhead press and power cleans in the same workout. I've tried going back in the history, and that doesn't work either....If this is a bug/issue, it seems like you would need to add an option in the settings for which phase of the program you are on, to disconnect the exercises from the a/b rotation, or simply forgo the a/b rotation button and place all of the exercises on one screen, so that the user can just input whatever they did.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by housertl View Post
    Not sure if I'm just a dummy and can't figure out how to get the app to do what I want, or if this is something of a bug. I'm on Phase III, and I can't seem to find any way to be able to record both overhead press and power cleans in the same workout. I've tried going back in the history, and that doesn't work either....If this is a bug/issue, it seems like you would need to add an option in the settings for which phase of the program you are on, to disconnect the exercises from the a/b rotation, or simply forgo the a/b rotation button and place all of the exercises on one screen, so that the user can just input whatever they did.

Thanks!
    the problem with letting users have full access is most beginners dont know what they're doing, so we try to restrict them into just following the program.

However you can enter power cleans and press on the same day, just swipe the bench press row or tap the little arrow indicator on the left hand side and it will open a new menu (which has workset calculator and warmup calculator) and the 5th option is "switch exercise" which will change it to press.

We are adding more programs in the future so users can switch to various phases outlined in Practical Programming but its still a few months away.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    the problem with letting users have full access is most beginners dont know what they're doing, so we try to restrict them into just following the program.

However you can enter power cleans and press on the same day, just swipe the bench press row or tap the little arrow indicator on the left hand side and it will open a new menu (which has workset calculator and warmup calculator) and the 5th option is "switch exercise" which will change it to press.

We are adding more programs in the future so users can switch to various phases outlined in Practical Programming but its still a few months away.
    I'm pretty sure that is the most polite way I have ever been told I'm a dummy in my life. Thanks!

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast