starting strength gym
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Found a bug or something that's not quite right? Post it here.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    yeah there is a bug in warmup sets at the moment, sometimes it sets the weight the same as the workset weight. I am looking into this. Quick fix is to change the warmup start weight in todays training by swiping the warmup / workset view to the "settings" (cog icon) and changing the warmup start weight and it will update the main view after you swipe back to it. thanks for letting me know.

can you send me a screenshot of the no plates / bench press bug? hello@shabu.co

thanks
    Fixed both these issues by looking at the bench press settings from the main menu and noticed that the bar weight was set to 4599 instead of 45. Set it back to 45 and now I'm getting the correct warm up sets for the bench press and the plates are displaying correctly.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by shanefc View Post
    I tried the quick fix of swiping to settings and changing the warmup start weight, but main view isn't updating, still has warmups as 3 sets of 3 at workset weight
    Its fixed in the coming update.

The fix for now is to set the warmup start weight in "settings" to the same as the barbell weight. then restating todays training.

Default Usability Bug in Europe

Hey Mick,

thanks for the awesome app - I really enjoy this professional peace of work.

I don't know if this bug is already reported. I red the last few pages of this threat and didn't find anything.

1. Platform: iPhone SE 64 GB
    2. Operating System: iOS 10.3.3 - is set to German language (will be important later); App Build 1.1852
    3. What is the bug?
      When opening the progress menu, I get those views:
      IMG_1263.jpg
      IMG_1264.jpg
      As you can see, there is a NAN bar for the bench although I entered some weight as you can see here:
      IMG_1265.jpg

I found out that the problem is the punctuation: In Germany - as in almost every European country - we us a comma between a number and it's decimal place and a point to mark large numbers. For example we would write 1.000,00 € instead of 1,000.00 $. I know, if you are used to the other way around this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but this is how it is.
      So here is the problem with the app: As you can see in the following and in the picture above, there is no decimal point in the numpad keyboard view in iOS:
      IMG_1262.jpg
      Therefore if one want's to insert for example 47.5 KG one has to write that in notes and then copy and paste it into the weight field. After doing so, the problem is solved as you can see here:
      IMG_12672.jpg
      Since 5 lbs are roughly 2.5 KG this is problem occurs all the time.
      Therefore the solution would be to convert commas into decimal points within the system.

This problem affects not only the progress view but also the training itself: Since the app can't calculate numbers with a comma it isn't calculating any warmup steps. E.g. if your last entered squat weight was 82,5 KG (180 lbs) the app suggests to warmup with 20 x 5 (45 x 5), 20 x 5 (45 x 5), 20 x 5 (45 x 5) and then jump to the first working set with 82,5 x 5 (180 lbs).

One little bug is also seen in picture #3: When one is editing the weight, it is not possible to save the changes without selecting the notes view because of the keyboard. Therefore it would be great if the save and cancel buttons where on top and not on the bottom of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    Hey Mick,

thanks for the awesome app - I really enjoy this professional peace of work.

I don't know if this bug is already reported. I red the last few pages of this threat and didn't find anything.

1. Platform: iPhone SE 64 GB
    2. Operating System: iOS 10.3.3 - is set to German language (will be important later); App Build 1.1852
    3. What is the bug?
      When opening the progress menu, I get those views:
      IMG_1263.jpg
      IMG_1264.jpg
      As you can see, there is a NAN bar for the bench although I entered some weight as you can see here:
      IMG_1265.jpg

I found out that the problem is the punctuation: In Germany - as in almost every European country - we us a comma between a number and it's decimal place and a point to mark large numbers. For example we would write 1.000,00 € instead of 1,000.00 $. I know, if you are used to the other way around this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but this is how it is.
      So here is the problem with the app: As you can see in the following and in the picture above, there is no decimal point in the numpad keyboard view in iOS:
      IMG_1262.jpg
      Therefore if one want's to insert for example 47.5 KG one has to write that in notes and then copy and paste it into the weight field. After doing so, the problem is solved as you can see here:
      IMG_12672.jpg
      Since 5 lbs are roughly 2.5 KG this is problem occurs all the time.
      Therefore the solution would be to convert commas into decimal points within the system.

This problem affects not only the progress view but also the training itself: Since the app can't calculate numbers with a comma it isn't calculating any warmup steps. E.g. if your last entered squat weight was 82,5 KG (180 lbs) the app suggests to warmup with 20 x 5 (45 x 5), 20 x 5 (45 x 5), 20 x 5 (45 x 5) and then jump to the first working set with 82,5 x 5 (180 lbs).

One little bug is also seen in picture #3: When one is editing the weight, it is not possible to save the changes without selecting the notes view because of the keyboard. Therefore it would be great if the save and cancel buttons where on top and not on the bottom of the site.
    update the app, this has been fixed in the latest version.

It appears that the app disallows dashes in logins, emails, and passwords. Why? It is unnecessary, counter to most good security practices, and extra work for the developers. Also, it appears to keep my email and password from working. Can you change this? Also, why does the login appear as all caps?

Phone: HTC One (M7)

I noticed that the rest timer has two buttons with +/- 30 seconds. Theese do not work (if they were supposed to)

Motorola G4+
    Android Marshmallow

When I log in and click the Today's Training button, system hangs on "LOADING" message forever and doesn't log me in.
    I have successfully loaded one workout since the upgrade rollout, so this was only my second attempt at using the app before getting into this stuck state.

Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    if you tap the blue space around the exercises, it will hide the keyboard. This is probably not so obvious, but its really the only way to do it on ios.
    This is definitely a UI bug IMO. I have been "trapped" by this same use case and eventually figured out the work around, but many newbies will not. The solution is, in iOS, you can add a "Done" button/bar onto the keyboard which causes it to disappear when you're done with it.

fullsizeoutput_11a3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ViktorPrlja View Post
    Phone: HTC One (M7)

I noticed that the rest timer has two buttons with +/- 30 seconds. Theese do not work (if they were supposed to)
    The timer has to be running for these to work. This is not great design and something I plan to fix.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Masher View Post
    Motorola G4+
    Android Marshmallow

When I log in and click the Today's Training button, system hangs on "LOADING" message forever and doesn't log me in.
    I have successfully loaded one workout since the upgrade rollout, so this was only my second attempt at using the app before getting into this stuck state.
    Can you try updating? What version of the app are you using? Email me at hello@shabu.co and let me know if the update fixes it. (sorry I only check these forums about once or twice a week).

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast