starting strength gym
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Found a bug or something that's not quite right? Post it here.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mdelvecchio View Post
    This is definitely a UI bug IMO. I have been "trapped" by this same use case and eventually figured out the work around, but many newbies will not. The solution is, in iOS, you can add a "Done" button/bar onto the keyboard which causes it to disappear when you're done with it.

Attachment 5886
    Thanks, good idea!

No problem! I'm a developer myself and have done some beta testing on other lifting apps.

FYI I found spots in SS where the "Done" button is attached to the keyboard, so it may be easy to copy the implementation (ex attached).

fullsizeoutput_11ba.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mdelvecchio View Post
    No problem! I'm a developer myself and have done some beta testing on other lifting apps.

FYI I found spots in SS where the "Done" button is attached to the keyboard, so it may be easy to copy the implementation (ex attached).

fullsizeoutput_11ba.jpg
    thanks for that. Yes its not a big issue to do that, will add that to our task list.

Tablet: Kindle Fire 8 HD
    OS: Fire OS 5.4.0.1 - this maps to Android OS 5.1 I believe
    SS App: build number 1.1869

First let me say that version 1.18 is a very nice improvement over 1.17.

The one issue that bugs me is that the timer doesn't autostart for my first workset. I have autostart rest timer for warmups and workset both checked in the settings. The autostart works everywhere else, which makes it that much more likely that I'll forget that I have to manually start it for my first workset. Now that you've changed the interface such that warmup sets and worksets appear as a more seamless flow I think it would make sense to autostart the timer for the first workset if the user has checked autostart in the settings. Thanks.

This may be related to the discussion above. Today I ran into a state in the app that I couldn't get out of.

IMG_5449.jpg

To duplicate, start a timer, then edit notes for today's workout. When the timer expires, the keyboard obscures the box to dismiss the "timer done" box. I couldn't find a way out at that point.

Maybe when the timer expires, find a way to get the keyboard to resign first responder, or put a Done button somewhere, or just make the timer expiration notice a lot smaller?

Thanks. The app is improving.

Quote Originally Posted by rwrjr View Post
    Tablet: Kindle Fire 8 HD
    OS: Fire OS 5.4.0.1 - this maps to Android OS 5.1 I believe
    SS App: build number 1.1869

First let me say that version 1.18 is a very nice improvement over 1.17.

The one issue that bugs me is that the timer doesn't autostart for my first workset. I have autostart rest timer for warmups and workset both checked in the settings. The autostart works everywhere else, which makes it that much more likely that I'll forget that I have to manually start it for my first workset. Now that you've changed the interface such that warmup sets and worksets appear as a more seamless flow I think it would make sense to autostart the timer for the first workset if the user has checked autostart in the settings. Thanks.
    do you mean it doesnt autostart after you completed your first workset? or after your last warmup set?

Quote Originally Posted by ptconory View Post
    This may be related to the discussion above. Today I ran into a state in the app that I couldn't get out of.

IMG_5449.jpg

To duplicate, start a timer, then edit notes for today's workout. When the timer expires, the keyboard obscures the box to dismiss the "timer done" box. I couldn't find a way out at that point.

Maybe when the timer expires, find a way to get the keyboard to resign first responder, or put a Done button somewhere, or just make the timer expiration notice a lot smaller?

Thanks. The app is improving.
    Thanks, will add that to our to-do list.

Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    do you mean it doesnt autostart after you completed your first workset? or after your last warmup set?
    I meant that it doesn't autostart after my last warmup set. When I finish my last warmup set and hit the arrow I would like the timer to autostart using the workset rest value. Right now it loads the workset rest value but does not count down. I have to press the timer icon and hit the start button. On subsequent worksets the timer autostarts just fine.

First off, thanks for the app. You put together a great user experience for following the program.

I have 2 bugs to report:
    1) After I complete a workout and share the results via Hangouts it inserts "Share text goes here" to my next message. It's a bit annoying because to actually follow up the share with a message I have to backspace out all of those characters first.

2) I've noticed that the alarm will randomly go off before the timer is up. I've tried to remember the sequence of events as well as possible, but it has varied. It seems to happen when I use the timer before my first work set. I've also noticed it when stopping a timer early before moving on to the next set or exercise. The alarm will sound, but I can see the timer still counting down.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by rwrjr View Post
    I meant that it doesn't autostart after my last warmup set. When I finish my last warmup set and hit the arrow I would like the timer to autostart using the workset rest value. Right now it loads the workset rest value but does not count down. I have to press the timer icon and hit the start button. On subsequent worksets the timer autostarts just fine.
    Thats on our list to do, although some people requested for it to be turned off as well...so still thinking about it.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast