starting strength gym
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Found a bug or something that's not quite right? Post it here.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Google Pixel 2
    Android 10

I have encountered 3 separate bugs and I'd like to add a suggestion.

1. The whole app stops responding to touch events when going from main menu to settings.
    This also happens while changing the settings.

2. When uploading a large file (182MB) for form check, after about a minute the connection is lost and it's stuck below 100%. There's no way to go back to the main menu after this.
    Maybe a check on the max size of the vid before trying to upload?

3. When doing a workout and changing the warm-up weight during the workout at power cleans (already some sets of the warm-up done) the work sets get messed up. I had the work weight set to 32kg.
    I changed the warm-up weight from 30kg to 20kg (bar only).
    The first and second work sets became 30kg after that. Also the second work set was set to 2 reps instead of 3. This did not change back when setting the warm-up weight back to 30kg.

I als have a suggestion for an improvement.
    The app determines the least amount of plates on the bar to get to the set weight.
    This can be annoying if you have 20kg and 25kg plates. What happens is that the last warm-up sets require the 20kg plates and the work sets require the 25kg plates.
    It's less of a hassle to just add 5kg plates instead of switching the 20s for the 25s.
    I got the same nuisance with the 10kg/15kg bumper plates
    I ignore the plate advice the app gives me and just add 5s.
    The algorithm for determining the plates is thus too greedy imo.

Is it an idea to take the previous warm-up set into consideration for determining the plates in the warm-up and the work sets?

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by DanielMOFO View Post
    Google Pixel 2
    Android 10

I have encountered 3 separate bugs and I'd like to add a suggestion.

1. The whole app stops responding to touch events when going from main menu to settings.
    This also happens while changing the settings.

2. When uploading a large file (182MB) for form check, after about a minute the connection is lost and it's stuck below 100%. There's no way to go back to the main menu after this.
    Maybe a check on the max size of the vid before trying to upload?

3. When doing a workout and changing the warm-up weight during the workout at power cleans (already some sets of the warm-up done) the work sets get messed up. I had the work weight set to 32kg.
    I changed the warm-up weight from 30kg to 20kg (bar only).
    The first and second work sets became 30kg after that. Also the second work set was set to 2 reps instead of 3. This did not change back when setting the warm-up weight back to 30kg.

I als have a suggestion for an improvement.
    The app determines the least amount of plates on the bar to get to the set weight.
    This can be annoying if you have 20kg and 25kg plates. What happens is that the last warm-up sets require the 20kg plates and the work sets require the 25kg plates.
    It's less of a hassle to just add 5kg plates instead of switching the 20s for the 25s.
    I got the same nuisance with the 10kg/15kg bumper plates
    I ignore the plate advice the app gives me and just add 5s.
    The algorithm for determining the plates is thus too greedy imo.

Is it an idea to take the previous warm-up set into consideration for determining the plates in the warm-up and the work sets?
    Hey Daniel, thanks for the feedback.

Can you email me from the support email from inside the app (go to settings -> email support) as that will paste all of your device and app information in there, that would be helpful and then I can try to work out what's going on with some of these issues.

I've had issues with the app the last couple weeks. Everything will seem to work fine and I can go straight through my daily training session. But when I finish my last routine (deadlift) and try to click the submit button, nothing happens. I always have to return to the home screen then go back into "Today's Training", at which point the app will let me submit and finish my day's session. Don't know why this is happening, and it's done it on both my Galaxy Tab S6 tablet and my Galaxy S10 Plus phone. I've also checked when it happens and I do have a good wi-fi connection, so it's not running offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cox View Post
    I've had issues with the app the last couple weeks. Everything will seem to work fine and I can go straight through my daily training session. But when I finish my last routine (deadlift) and try to click the submit button, nothing happens. I always have to return to the home screen then go back into "Today's Training", at which point the app will let me submit and finish my day's session. Don't know why this is happening, and it's done it on both my Galaxy Tab S6 tablet and my Galaxy S10 Plus phone. I've also checked when it happens and I do have a good wi-fi connection, so it's not running offline.
    Hey Steve, sorry you;'re having issues with the app. Can you please email from from support -> email support as that will paste some information about the app and your device so we can try and reproduce this at our end.

Hi Shabu,

I'm reading your reply just now and I'll email it right away.

1. Editing training log notes are not reflected in .csv file export.
    Going back to a prior workout, I edited the notes field and saved it. Then exported the training log via email as a .csv.
    The note edit is not reflected in the newly exported .csv

2. Unable to update app to latest version. Still stuck on Version: 1.1900040. Google Play shows no updates. Installing fresh on different tablet (android) which had no prior installation of the app, still shows version Version: 1.1900040.

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Weidner View Post
    1. Editing training log notes are not reflected in .csv file export.
    Going back to a prior workout, I edited the notes field and saved it. Then exported the training log via email as a .csv.
    The note edit is not reflected in the newly exported .csv
    You'll probably have to back up the training log first, I think we pull that data off the server rather than locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Weidner View Post

2. Unable to update app to latest version. Still stuck on Version: 1.1900040. Google Play shows no updates. Installing fresh on different tablet (android) which had no prior installation of the app, still shows version Version: 1.1900040.
    [/quote]

The version number on android is wrong (our mistake), so you do have the latest version.

1. Samsung S10e
    2. Android 10
    3. Decimal point doesn't work. When I try to adjust weights and progression rate, I can't jet a decimal point. I press both "," and ".", but neither produce a decimal point. This means I can't choose a 2,5Kg increase on my lifts for instance. The decimal point doesn't work anywhere where you type in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigsrud View Post
    1. Samsung S10e
    2. Android 10
    3. Decimal point doesn't work. When I try to adjust weights and progression rate, I can't jet a decimal point. I press both "," and ".", but neither produce a decimal point. This means I can't choose a 2,5Kg increase on my lifts for instance. The decimal point doesn't work anywhere where you type in numbers.
    can you email me at hello@shabu.co from the "settings" -> "email support" please Mr Stigsrud. We will look into this.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    You'll probably have to back up the training log first, I think we pull that data off the server rather than locally.
    Yes, thank you. This did the trick.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930