starting strength gym

Thread: Getting the app on Windows

Default Getting the app on Windows

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So with windows phone apps and Windows 10 apps being on the same platform for all intents and purposes and Microsoft's new goal . Is there any chance we'll see the app on windows anytime in the future?

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Unfortunately not in the near future. The market size just is way too small to justify the amount of work that would be needed to port the app.

Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    Unfortunately not in the near future. The market size just is way too small to justify the amount of work that would be needed to port the app.
    There are many SS lifters on Windows that could tremendously benefit from the Starting Strength app. Windows 10 is now active on over 2 million devices. Given the fact that creating a single, universal SS app will allow it to be used on any of those devices (whether phone, tablet or PC), a great number of SS app users can e obtained. Mind you, this is 200 million of the estimated 1.5 billion current Windows users. Microsoft is targeting the Windows 10 upgrade to reach 1 billion by mid 2018. They reached 20% of their goal in 5 months.

Hi Archi, thanks for the information. As I mentioned before, the market in comparison to android and iOS is still way too small for me to really make it worth the weeks of development and ongoing maintenance to make this worthwhile. I'm a one man show, so I have to be careful about how I spend my time and I need to prioritise the needs of the 98% of users over a risky proposition.

Doing a windows mobile version is on my list but its low priority at the moment. I hope to get around to it later this year.

Sounds awesome. All the best, man.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Archiballz View Post
    Sounds awesome. All the best, man.
    no worries! thanks for understanding.