starting strength gym

Thread: Feedback On App

Default Feedback On App

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm using a Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1 build MOB31H. 47 y/o on novice LP.

This is a great app, and the bar charts and line graph are great motivators for progress.

A few questions:
    * When I back up my data, where does it back up (USA, HK, some other location) and who's the service provider? What controls are in place over access to and storage of the data? Likewise, when I request training logs via email, from where does the email originate? Is the data that's backed up being used in any way?

* The notification in the shade doesn't always match up with the alarm - sometimes the shade notification is much later.

Thanks!

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by 6530 View Post
    I'm using a Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1 build MOB31H. 47 y/o on novice LP.

This is a great app, and the bar charts and line graph are great motivators for progress.

A few questions:
    * When I back up my data, where does it back up (USA, HK, some other location) and who's the service provider? What controls are in place over access to and storage of the data? Likewise, when I request training logs via email, from where does the email originate? Is the data that's backed up being used in any way?

* The notification in the shade doesn't always match up with the alarm - sometimes the shade notification is much later.

Thanks!
    Thanks.

I'm using Appcelerator's Arrow Cloud for the server. I don't know where the server's are located, but I would assume in the US and they are most likely using Amazon's AWS. I do not have access to your data, for example I can't see your password or access your database. The email uses my own server, and Arrow has access to my server and sends the email that way. Is there some issue with protection of data from your end?

I'm aware of the notification and alarm issue, it does get out of sync by a few seconds during a long warmup time. Looking into that.