starting strength gym

Thread: Phase 3 Training

Default Phase 3 Training

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I've been working the SS program for a couple of months now and using the SS app to track my workouts. When my DL got heavy enough the app automatically moved DL to Day A only and added Power Clean to Day B (Phase 1 > Phase 2). My question is twofold. First, what is the criteria for moving from Phase 2 to Phase 3 (alternating DL and Power Clean on Day A and adding Chin-ups to Day B)? Second, does the app do it automatically like the move from Phase 1 to Phase 2?

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Bill B View Post
    I've been working the SS program for a couple of months now and using the SS app to track my workouts. When my DL got heavy enough the app automatically moved DL to Day A only and added Power Clean to Day B (Phase 1 > Phase 2). My question is twofold. First, what is the criteria for moving from Phase 2 to Phase 3 (alternating DL and Power Clean on Day A and adding Chin-ups to Day B)? Second, does the app do it automatically like the move from Phase 1 to Phase 2?
    We add power cleans when the user has deadlifted their own body weight. chinups are added in after 4 weeks.

If this isn't working for you, you can always remove them via the "settings" menu.

@Shabu, I clearly added the power clean manually to workout B.
    But I'm not able to deadlift bodyweight as of yet.. How do I turn off the pwc so it gets added automatically again?
    Or shouldn't I get concerned about this?

I'm also interested in when the Phase 3 transition happens. I started to get stuck on a weight for a week or so once I started squatting 275 for working sets. I'm currently at 295 but have been fighting finishing all three sets for about a week now. I started the app at the beginning of April 2018 having done SS/Bill Star 5x5 before so the app started me in Phase 2 automatically. I also started with Chin-ups on Workout B. Is it a specific weight or just time before advancing to Phase 3?

Quote Originally Posted by LifesHarlequin View Post
    I'm also interested in when the Phase 3 transition happens. I started to get stuck on a weight for a week or so once I started squatting 275 for working sets. I'm currently at 295 but have been fighting finishing all three sets for about a week now. I started the app at the beginning of April 2018 having done SS/Bill Star 5x5 before so the app started me in Phase 2 automatically. I also started with Chin-ups on Workout B. Is it a specific weight or just time before advancing to Phase 3?
    The app doesn't support phase 3, but you can use deloads and edit things manually.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Şenol Tapirdamaz View Post
    @Shabu, I clearly added the power clean manually to workout B.
    But I'm not able to deadlift bodyweight as of yet.. How do I turn off the pwc so it gets added automatically again?
    Or shouldn't I get concerned about this?
    Turn off power cleans in settings -> power clean -> turn on for workout b

I'm not sure it will automatically detect it the second time around, just keep an eye on it.