Phase 3 Training Phase 3 Training

starting strength gym
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Phase 3 Training

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default Phase 3 Training

    • wichita falls texas february 2021 seminar
    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar february 2021
    I've been working the SS program for a couple of months now and using the SS app to track my workouts. When my DL got heavy enough the app automatically moved DL to Day A only and added Power Clean to Day B (Phase 1 > Phase 2). My question is twofold. First, what is the criteria for moving from Phase 2 to Phase 3 (alternating DL and Power Clean on Day A and adding Chin-ups to Day B)? Second, does the app do it automatically like the move from Phase 1 to Phase 2?

  2. #2
    shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill B View Post
    I've been working the SS program for a couple of months now and using the SS app to track my workouts. When my DL got heavy enough the app automatically moved DL to Day A only and added Power Clean to Day B (Phase 1 > Phase 2). My question is twofold. First, what is the criteria for moving from Phase 2 to Phase 3 (alternating DL and Power Clean on Day A and adding Chin-ups to Day B)? Second, does the app do it automatically like the move from Phase 1 to Phase 2?
    We add power cleans when the user has deadlifted their own body weight. chinups are added in after 4 weeks.

    If this isn't working for you, you can always remove them via the "settings" menu.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    82

    Default

    @Shabu, I clearly added the power clean manually to workout B.
    But I'm not able to deadlift bodyweight as of yet.. How do I turn off the pwc so it gets added automatically again?
    Or shouldn't I get concerned about this?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default

    I'm also interested in when the Phase 3 transition happens. I started to get stuck on a weight for a week or so once I started squatting 275 for working sets. I'm currently at 295 but have been fighting finishing all three sets for about a week now. I started the app at the beginning of April 2018 having done SS/Bill Star 5x5 before so the app started me in Phase 2 automatically. I also started with Chin-ups on Workout B. Is it a specific weight or just time before advancing to Phase 3?

  5. #5
    shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LifesHarlequin View Post
    I'm also interested in when the Phase 3 transition happens. I started to get stuck on a weight for a week or so once I started squatting 275 for working sets. I'm currently at 295 but have been fighting finishing all three sets for about a week now. I started the app at the beginning of April 2018 having done SS/Bill Star 5x5 before so the app started me in Phase 2 automatically. I also started with Chin-ups on Workout B. Is it a specific weight or just time before advancing to Phase 3?
    The app doesn't support phase 3, but you can use deloads and edit things manually.

  6. #6
    shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    633

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Şenol Tapirdamaz View Post
    @Shabu, I clearly added the power clean manually to workout B.
    But I'm not able to deadlift bodyweight as of yet.. How do I turn off the pwc so it gets added automatically again?
    Or shouldn't I get concerned about this?
    Turn off power cleans in settings -> power clean -> turn on for workout b

    I'm not sure it will automatically detect it the second time around, just keep an eye on it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •