starting strength gym

Thread: Deloading for Missed reps and/or missed workouts

Question Deloading for Missed reps and/or missed workouts

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I missed the last rep of my third set for the overhead press on my previous workout. I was able to indicate the missed rep in the app, so the app recognized a failed set/weight. What I don't know, is if the app is going to modify the weight for the next workout or just keep progessing with increased weight. On a related note, I will be missing a couple workouts in the near future due to work travel. I don't know if there is a way to document that in the app or if it will recognize missed workouts and propose reduced weight work sets.

It would be awesome if it does modify to deload workouts due to missed set or workouts, but at the moment I don't know what the app is going to do when my next workout comes around. Thanks.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by wein3967 View Post
    I missed the last rep of my third set for the overhead press on my previous workout. I was able to indicate the missed rep in the app, so the app recognized a failed set/weight. What I don't know, is if the app is going to modify the weight for the next workout or just keep progessing with increased weight. On a related note, I will be missing a couple workouts in the near future due to work travel. I don't know if there is a way to document that in the app or if it will recognize missed workouts and propose reduced weight work sets.

It would be awesome if it does modify to deload workouts due to missed set or workouts, but at the moment I don't know what the app is going to do when my next workout comes around. Thanks.

If you didn't complete your workout for whatever reason the app will load the same workset weight the next time around. There is no real way to log null workouts, unless you load todays training, then tap "tick" to save your workout then it will save the workout will null values.

Ok based off some other recent posts, it sounds like the app will automatically deload me after missing the selected weight over 3 workouts. For missed workouts, I could manually determine the "deload" amount and set the weight using the deload option for each exercise. Thanks.

Did things change regarding missed reps? I've been following the rule of one missed rep in the last set means continue with progression (maybe at a smaller interval). The app seems to be counting it as a failure..

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Mckboy View Post
    Did things change regarding missed reps? I've been following the rule of one missed rep in the last set means continue with progression (maybe at a smaller interval). The app seems to be counting it as a failure..
    Can you show me your training history? send me an email to hello@shabu.co It should not progress to the next weight if you only got 4 reps on the third set.