starting strength gym

Thread: An alternative format for the very first SS workout

Default An alternative format for the very first SS workout

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello,

I very recently started using the SS app, and immediately noticed that the format for the very first workout is the same as all the other workouts. However, in the process of starting strength you dedicate the first two days of your first week to setting a weight for each exercise. I thought that maybe an alternative format for the very first workout would make sense, something that advises, in correlation with the book, to start with a small weight and make 5 pound jumps until the weight starts to slow in its movement.

i.e) something like this, very rough idea.
    "
    Since this is your first SS workout, lets start by setting up your starting weight.
    Take the empty bar and do a set of 5, if this is easy add 5 pounds and do another set of 5
    repeat this process until the movements begins to slow, this will be your starting weight
    "

This could then be transferred into the programs starting work weight for each exercise by default. Just an idea, and I don't know if this would contradict anything involved in starting process that I could be forgetting so I apologize if I am.

Thank you,

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

We have this tutorial in the app, maybe you missed it or clicked through those text screens?

I am just starting out and may have missed this is well. Can you be more specific as to where/when I might have seen this?

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

The first time you use the app and go into todays training, it displays those screens.

You can replay those those if you click "Alerts" and "First Workout Tutorial" ( 1 and 2)