starting strength gym

Thread: Some Suggestions For Improvements

Default Some Suggestions For Improvements

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi guys,

The app is nice, but I can see why people use the Stronglifts one, which is a lot more polished despite crashing often.

A few quality of life upgrades we could do with:

• The rest timer should start automatically when you press Next Set
    • When you complete all your sets for an exercise, it should move onto the next exercise when you press Next Set
    • The program allows you to change Power Cleans for Deadlifts or Rows (if I remember right), so can we have that option?

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by dirtychinchilla View Post
    Hi guys,

The app is nice, but I can see why people use the Stronglifts one, which is a lot more polished despite crashing often.

A few quality of life upgrades we could do with:

• The rest timer should start automatically when you press Next Set
    • When you complete all your sets for an exercise, it should move onto the next exercise when you press Next Set
    • The program allows you to change Power Cleans for Deadlifts or Rows (if I remember right), so can we have that option?
    1. Option to auto-start the rest timer when next set is clicked is in "settings"
    2. Thats a good idea, thanks.
    3. We have the option for power cleans, but not rows.

Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    1. Option to auto-start the rest timer when next set is clicked is in "settings"
    2. Thats a good idea, thanks.
    3. We have the option for power cleans, but not rows.
    Sorry it’s taken me so long to respond. I have a few more comments and suggestions. I did already write something out but, for whatever reason, it hasn’t posted.

I got the auto start timer working, which is wonderful. But it should start when you finish your warm-up sets too, so you automatically get the 3 minutes or whatever before you start your working set.

If you put a 0 accidentally before any number e.g. if you change weights, the 0 can’t be deleted.

The app always opens with a black screen for me. Takes a few seconds to get going, and I’m using an iPhone XR so I shouldn’t be lacking the power to do it.

In all honesty, I find the app clunky to use. The StrongLifts app is very smooth and it’s very obvious how it works. This isn’t terribly intuitive I’m afraid.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Can you email me at hello@shabu.co from within the app's settings menu. This will copy some device and app information in it and I can reply you to there.