starting strength gym

Thread: Puzzled: 2 deadlift sessions or 1 deadlift/1 power clean to start?

Default Puzzled: 2 deadlift sessions or 1 deadlift/1 power clean to start?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Folks,

Just beginning. I am 74 years old, have lifted off and on for most of my life, but now consider myself a rank novice for SS. I could swear that when I first downloaded the app onto my iPhone, RTN A called for Squat/Press/Deadlift and RTN B called for Squat/Bench/Deadlift--in other words, 2 days deadlifting and no power cleans for the present.

However, whether I did something to change it or whatever, RTN B now calls for Squat/Bench/Power Clean.

Can anyone tell me which is the proper recipe for starting out?

Thanks,

Russ

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Hi Russ, Did you play around with power clean in the "settings" menu? I'm pretty sure the app doesn't switch you over to power cleans, but it does suggest you do to do them after 4 weeks. I will double check to make sure its not switching over automatically though.

oh, and yes, I did play around with cleans in the beginning, but can't seem to get it back to deadlifts for the b workout--on a permanent basis. I will be able to do it daily of course.

Go To "Settings" -> "Power Clean" -> "Turn on for workout B" then tap that row so its showing the "X"

Then back to the home screen
    Click "Todays Training"
    And it should have updated (note if you already started a todays training, you may have to press the "X" at the bottom to cancel, and then go back in).

shabu,

Thanks so much for your help. I apologize for taking so long to reply to your prompt response! I had computer issues I had to resolve. I now have it all down as to how to change deadlift to power clean (and vice-versa) as well as bench to press, (and vice versa). I am now four sessions deep and am already feeling massively stronger. Unbelievable.

starting strength coach development program
    Excellent, thanks for letting me know.