starting strength gym

Thread: couple issues

Default couple issues

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    There was a time recently when I finished training and it told me I wasn't logged in. Near as I can tell, the main drawback to this is that the summary of that day's training doesn't have a share button. So my first question would be why do I need to be "logged in" to have a share button? I can still take a screen cap and share that. It's just more tedious.

I've tried logging in and I have not been able to. I just logged in here though. I would've assumed they'd be the same. However, I see no option for recovering a lost password. Nor a reason to bother if the only real difference is that share button.

Next, an issue I've had for a long time, but never bothered posting because the workaround is easy. I can set a warmup timer, which automatically starts between warmup sets. And I can set a working set timer, which automatically starts between working sets. However, when the last warmup set finishes, no timer starts automatically.

As sort of an off-shoot of that issue, I've noticed that the place to set the deadlift working set timer seems useless. Since the app assumes only one set, and never automatically starts between warmup and working set, I always have to start it manually and it always uses the warmup time.

Finally, I realize that this app is meant for NLP. And I realize that this is the sect of people who are the least experienced/most in need of hand-holding/least likely to just do it as prescribed. However, this represents a tiny window of anybody's strength training. I would like the ability to tell it that I'm only doing one set on Texas Method intensity day and 5 sets on volume day.

Thank you for your time and attention.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Thanks for the feedback and questions.

Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    There was a time recently when I finished training and it told me I wasn't logged in. Near as I can tell, the main drawback to this is that the summary of that day's training doesn't have a share button. So my first question would be why do I need to be "logged in" to have a share button? I can still take a screen cap and share that. It's just more tedious.
    Actually we removed it as it was problematic with some bugs, its on our list to get back in.

I've tried logging in and I have not been able to. I just logged in here though. I would've assumed they'd be the same. However, I see no option for recovering a lost password. Nor a reason to bother if the only real difference is that share button.
    There is a reset password on the "settings" page of the app. And yes the login / password for the app is different to here.

Next, an issue I've had for a long time, but never bothered posting because the workaround is easy. I can set a warmup timer, which automatically starts between warmup sets. And I can set a working set timer, which automatically starts between working sets. However, when the last warmup set finishes, no timer starts automatically.
    Thats right, the number of people who complained about not having that feature is about the same as the number of people who complained when we had it. so we just leave it to off. You can just click the timer to start it again.

As sort of an off-shoot of that issue, I've noticed that the place to set the deadlift working set timer seems useless. Since the app assumes only one set, and never automatically starts between warmup and working set, I always have to start it manually and it always uses the warmup time.
    Yes thats right.

Finally, I realize that this app is meant for NLP. And I realize that this is the sect of people who are the least experienced/most in need of hand-holding/least likely to just do it as prescribed. However, this represents a tiny window of anybody's strength training. I would like the ability to tell it that I'm only doing one set on Texas Method intensity day and 5 sets on volume day.

Thank you for your time and attention.
    Yes the app is for novices so we don't have any programs like Texas in it. We do have a new app called Strength Club which has the intermediate programs (and also the ability to work inside a desktop browser too).

Quote Originally Posted by shabu View Post
    Actually we removed it as it was problematic with some bugs, its on our list to get back in.
    Worked fine for me.

Thats right, the number of people who complained about not having that feature is about the same as the number of people who complained when we had it. so we just leave it to off. You can just click the timer to start it again.
    Don't things described in this manner merit an option? When person hits next set, if option is set, start the warmup/working (user selected) timer.

Yes thats right.
    Why then have a place to set the deadlift working set timer?

Yes the app is for novices so we don't have any programs like Texas in it.
    Wouldn't need a whole program. Just to not assume it's always 3 or 1 set. Today, it was only 1 set. This day was 5. It only matters to me for the summary, which is the only reason I continue to use it. Still, I really like that, as well as the way it illustrates the plates for each weight.