starting strength gym

Thread: NVP Progression Program Changes in the App, is it Automatic?

Default NVP Progression Program Changes in the App, is it Automatic?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I've been using the app for 9 training sessions (M-W-F) so far. The app has me on the starting A/B sequence (A: Squat Press Deadlift, B: Squat Bench Press, Deadlift). I only did about 3 sessions prior to this on Starting Strengh prior to the app, and was mainly just focusing on form and digesting the book.)

- Will the app automatically move me to the next step (A/B but where the deadlift is A, Power Clean is B)?
    - For my wife (she has her own copy of the app and has only done two sessions so far), will the app switch to work sets of 5x3 after a few months as recommended on p.103 of Practical Programming?

I note that the warmup set progression for her is sets of 3 reps, and a work sets of 5. Glad to see the programming is taking into account M/F differences in programming.

Cheers,

Default Amswers via Email support.

While I was waiting for my post (above) to publish on the forum. I emailed support, here are the answers I recieved. Putting them here in case anyone else finds them useful.

> Hello,
    >
    > I've been using the app for 9 training sessions (M-W-F) so far. The app has me on the starting A/B sequence (A: Squat Press Deadlift, B: Squat Bench Press, Deadlift). I only did about 3 sessions prior to this on Starting Strength prior to the app, and was mainly just focusing on form and digesting the book.)
    >
    > Will the app automatically move me to the next step (A/B but where the deadlift is A, power clean is B)?
    >
    > IT won’t automatically do this, but it will suggest the time to do it, which is when you’ve successfully deadlifted your bodyweight.
    >
    > For my wife (she has her own copy of the app and has only done two sessions so far), will the app switch to work sets of 5x3 after a few months as recommended on p.103 of Practical Programming?
    No it will not do it automatically, its up to the trainee to decide when best to do this.
    >
    > Does the app take into account age of lifter for any of the programming?
    >
    > No it does not.
    >
    > Will the app move the warmup weight up from 45lbs on its own or is this always a manual process?
    It will for deadlift once you’re deadlifting more than 225lbs / 100kgs. For the other exercises you should always be starting your warmups with an empty bar.

Yep, you're going to get faster support by going directly to their support than waiting for them to publish your post and answer it here. You can see ideas/questions/solutions by others here and this is where answers to the group work out better.