starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Seminars

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Amigos, we would love to go to Boston, but don't currently have a facility we work with there. That is not to say we will not hold a seminar in Boston at some point in the future, but that time is probably not very soon. Like, probably not in 2017.

Why you guys think the SS association should accommodate you on this front because you don't want to drive 2 hours baffles me.

I had the fortune of going to one in Lansing, MI and had to drive 2 hours each morning and night to get there and back from my parents' house.

I'm going to the one in Houston in February and am going to have to drop 2 grand for the seminar with food, travel, and the $100 bottle of whiskey when I don't pass the platform.
    I know we don't all have engineer money, but god damn, invest in it. It's worth the money and travel.

"Please Tom, have a seminar in [insert name of hometown]. That will make it easier for me, and just me really, to get to a seminar."

-people on the internet.

Plan on making the trip to North Carolina again?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewL View Post
    Why you guys think the SS association should accommodate you on this front because you don't want to drive 2 hours baffles me.
    Agreed and disagreed. I see nothing wrong with putting out the demand signal, and it would suck to spend an extra 1000+ dollars only to find out a month later that Tom was setting up in Boston for the first time this year, so it's worth asking.

On the other hand... I've driven days (literally) in total to the seminars I've attended as an attendee and an audit, and flew out to one in Wichita Falls: I haven't regretted a single one. Anyone who's holding out until the seminar is local... trust me. It's worth the travel.

Mr. Gotcher makes excellent points.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Anderson View Post
    Plan on making the trip to North Carolina again?
    I'll second the North Carolina request

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewL View Post
    I'm going to the one in Houston in February and am going to have to drop 2 grand for the seminar with food, travel, and the $100 bottle of whiskey when I don't pass the platform.
    I know we don't all have engineer money, but god damn, invest in it. It's worth the money and travel.
    I got lucky that there's a seminar I can attend (Houston in February) this year that coincides with already planned travel back to the States. Otherwise I was going to budget this year for a trip to a seminar from Saudi.

I'm with CJ on this one as well. No issue with voicing your opinion, but I expect it will be well worth the international travel to attend.

Any thoughts on Europe?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    Any thoughts on Europe?
    Yes, but nothing to announce yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast