starting strength gym

Thread: SSS - Level of instruction - power cleans

Default SSS - Level of instruction - power cleans

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi,

I'm thinking of attending the SSS in San Diego in Jan, and wondered what the level of instruction would be for each of the main lifts, specifically the power clean, which I have never been able to properly learn. I've also had problems with the deadlift and wanted to know if I would be given proper coaching on these to correct my shortcomings?

Thanks

Everyone is coached through the teaching method and up to work set weight for each lift.

Thank you!

If you're sort of on the edge about going to an SS seminar, do it. I've been to three and I learn something new every time. I spent about 1000USD to go to my first one.

If someone told me "you can have $10k right now, but you won't remember anything you learned at the SS seminar" I tell them to keep their $10k.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

I too had the same type of questions, whether it was worth it since I read the books, watch the bids etc. but let me tell you, I just went to a squat and DL camp over the weekend and the level of instruction is amazing. The SSC’s are unbelievable once they get you on the platform. The lectures are great too.

So this was my first “contact” with SSC instruction and coaching in person. It’s well worth the cost. Like someone said, it is almost underpriced for what you will get out of it.

I figure there has to be more to a SSS than that.

Most starting strength coaches will take you through the process of learning all five lifts, via personal training, in a fraction of the time and for significantly less money than a SSS. Travel costs would probably be lower too.

The SSS would have to include more, and I assume it does - I just don't know what. Either way, I can't go - 3 days away from the family for a just-for-me endeavor isn't going to happen.

starting strength coach development program
    Of course, Adam. The course description is here. Read through and then ask about what you'd like more information about.