starting strength gym

Thread: USSF Nationals, WFAC January 19-20: Cost for non-participant?

Default USSF Nationals, WFAC January 19-20: Cost for non-participant?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Lads and ladies;

I'm working out budget details for a trip to WFAC for the USSF nationals this year. I see that a participant is $125. The question:

How much for my wife to come along as my handler? I hope not another 125 bones, but the answer shall be what it shall be.

Hey Geoff. There's no fee for coaches and spectators. Only lifters need to pay an entry fee. See you in January, sir.

No doubt. Just booked flight, and bought the event ticket.

I ticked the 100kg class for weight, but my weigh-out at the FC was 99.6. Am I in any kind of trouble if I weigh-out at 100+ day of? I was having trouble understanding that part of the USSF rules last I looked.

Specifically, "Athletes who do not weigh within the limits of the class in which they entered the competition are permitted to compete in the weight class appropriate to their weight at weigh-out, unless qualifying total requirements prevent this accommodation."

How does that clause impact me?

Geoff. I'll have you confirm your weight class closer to the meet. As of right now, weight classes are assigned at weigh out anyway. When qualifying totals are in place, we'll need to make sure you weigh out in your declared weight class.

Nick, booking some flights and hotel now. Will 90kg+ lifters still be lifting on Sunday?

starting strength coach development program
    I think so, Alex. I'll have the final schedule up by the end of this week. Just need to check on a couple of things.