starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deltoid Spinal Part Excercises?

Default Deltoid Spinal Part Excercises?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    My deltoid spinal part got really sore and started burning today while doing the anual fall cleanup. I was using a gas powered hedge trimmer with a lot of work of sweeping the trimmer up and down and topping by holding the thing at head or above height.
    Based on my anatomy app the area that was sore is the spinal part of the deltoid, and it works lifting the arm out, please correct me if that is wrong.
    What accessory work can I add to strengthen this area?

I squat 260, press 162.5, deadlift 300, can't do a chin yet, andmy knees are too problematic for power cleans. Still on LP except for TM on press. M, 42, 260lb. Nothing else hurt or got sore today, although I am a bit tired tonight.

I've never heard the posterior deltoid referred to as the deltoid spinal part, but I digress. Getting sore is not an injury. It will go away. You did something to which you were not accustomed and it made you sore and tired. You will live to fight another day. With that in mind, I have the following prescription for accessory work for you:

Squat 3x5
    Press 3x5
    Bench Press 3x5
    Deadlift 1x5
    Chins every workout

Train three times a week and add weight every time. Alternate between press and bench press. Get your squat up to 405 for a set of five, your deadlift up to about 475 for a set of five, your press up to 200 for a set of five and your bench press to 275 for a set of five. Get your chins up to 3 sets of 10. During this time, it is likely that you will get down to around 230 lbs bodyweight, depending upon your height. I suspect that this will help with yard work and many other things.
    Last edited by Tom Campitelli; 10-12-2015 at 10:45 AM.

Tom's advice is good. But you could, alternatively, get your squat up to four-oh-fahve for a set of fahve. That'd work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    I've never heard the posterior deltoid referred to as the deltoid spinal part, but I digress. Getting sore is not an injury. It will go away. You did something to which you were not accustomed and it made you sore and tired. You will live to fight another day. With that in mind, I have the following prescription for accessory work for you:

Squat 3x5
    Press 3x5
    Bench Press 3x5
    Deadlift 1x5
    Chins every workout

Train three times a week and add weight every time. Alternate between press and bench press. Get your squat up to 405 for a set of five, your deadlift up to about 475 for a set of five, your press up to 200 for a set of five and your bench press to 275 for a set of five. Get your chins up to 3 sets of 10. During this time, it is likely that you will get down to around 230 lbs bodyweight, depending upon your height. I suspect that this will help with yard work and many other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Tom's advice is good. But you could, alternatively, get your squat up to four-oh-fahve for a set of fahve. That'd work too.

Brian, looks like the MJ meme was a thread killer instead of a Thriller.

Brian, looks like the MJ meme was a thread killer instead of a Thriller.
    And he can turn a phrase! You should be a radio DJ as well...I think sometimes my meme-fu is too intimidating...

With that in mind, I have the following prescription for accessory work for you:

Squat 3x5
    Press 3x5
    Bench Press 3x5
    Deadlift 1x5
    Chins every workout
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    I see what you did there.
    One day I will write a book about this magical Campitelli Program and make a shitload of money.

One day I will write a book about this magical Campitelli Program and make a shitload of money.
    I am so innovative.

starting strength coach development program
    I am so innovative.
    Don't forget demure, approachable and that you give till it hurts. . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast